January 17, 2014

I shall not want...

Earlier this week I got another "No." in the mail, it was Special Delivery.

Petition for Dissolution of Marriage

I guess that good beginning I shared a couple weeks ago, was, instead, a good ending.

This is a big NO.

In one second my whole future flashed before my eyes...it was not a pretty sight.

But then a still small voice gave me something else. It was a YES.

My soul was comforted with these words:

For your Maker is your husband, 
The LORD of hosts is His name; 
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; 
He is called the God of the whole earth.
For the LORD has called you 
Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, 
Like a youthful wife when you were refused," Says your God.

All your children shall be taught by the LORD, 
And great shall be the peace of your children.
In righteousness you shall be established; 
You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; 
And from terror, for it shall not come near you.

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, 
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment 
You shall condemn. 
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, 
And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD.
Isaiah 54:5,6,13,17

I remember that my Lord loves to say Yes to me.

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

This world is not my home and where my treasure is there will my heart be also.

Temptations arise. Lies. I hear, "But God can't warm your bed, he can't drive for you in heavy traffic, he can't fix the kitchen sink when it is broken. Your children will be ruined. What God offers you is not good enough."

I reject the lies. My God is the Lover of my soul.

I remember that the Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want! I set my affection on things above and not on things on the earth.

To the left is the here and now, to the right eternity; to live according to the flesh or to the Spirit? to seek worldly pleasure or the Kingdom of God?

Are you faced with No's in your life too? Have you done all you can to get the Yes you desire and still come up short? God is saying Yes to you.

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God

It's an invitation.

He holds His hand out and beckons you...as He beckons me.

Knowing Him personally, I know He keeps His promises. I know He can be trusted.

I'm going with Him.




8 comments:

  1. Love you, sweet friend. {{{Gentle Hug}}} <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! Looking forward to seeing you at the homeschool choir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my thoughts and prayers <>

    God will never leave you nor forsake you - He is always there.

    In Gods Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That petition title is just too much to bear. It's a petition that would be hard to sign. In fact, by definition, "petition" is merely a request, not a requirement. But, this kind of petition seems to be forced, doesn't it. Still, it's a "request". Keep that in mind.

    You are right to go to Isaiah 54 and to refute the lies against it. I go to it often and often tell the ladies in our ladies' Bible study that this is the chapter of comfort for the widowed woman, the childless woman and the neglected wife. Our Maker is all a good husband ought to be except the physical presence: protector, provider, confidant. I have an absent husband - off in another place working for us at home. It'd be more to God's approval that he were home and we were poorer. Sometimes at night, when there's no one to talk to or hold me, I talk to my Maker and often ask Him to hold me. I *feel* held and can fall asleep better.

    I'm praying for you, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laura, how hard! I'm praying for you and your kids and Mr. Santos too - God knows how much He loves every one of you, whether things are going according to His desires or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying Laura, I know the truth, that the hardest tests draw us closest to the Savior who suffered more than we ever will...however the pain is still there, and the liar will use it to try to drive us away from the Lord. You are wise to not listen, but to cling to the Lord's promises. This world is full of disappointments, but Jesus is preparing a better place, a perfect place, where our rejoicing won't be interrupted with the evils and disappointments that meet us at every turn here. So true about your beautiful children that Jesus has blessed you with. I keep thinking about all of you, and that is from the Lord too. He will bless you and keep you...His fire purifies our dross so that we can see Him more clearly. His desire is that His elect are with Him by overcoming this world. Blessed are the overcomers! Those who sow with weeping will reap with rejoicing! Because those are words from our Lord they are words we can bank on. This world is temporary so any hardships are also temporary but not at all nice while they are going on. When we finish here, our joy is without sorrow, and continuous forever so we will never cease praising the Lord for His goodness and kindness and perfection. I pray for your peace and joy that they will continue to be your constant companions through your trials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post brought tears to my eyes. I remember when I was served with similar papers. The aloneness, the flashing of life past and to come before my eyes, the sense of failure... but I got through that day. A friend said I'll sit with you as you sign. I prayed and just asked God to be with me. I did not know what to pray for. I cried with my father and with my aunt. I hugged my children that evening. And the sun continued to rise and set. Without the Lord God I would have collapsed. Fast forward 2 years after that day, and I am reunited in a better, stronger way with the same man that served me those papers. But that didn';t happen until I was completely whole again, on my own, with a certain personal relationship with God. All you can do is exactly what you have been doing...trusting God to be your constant companion, strength, comforter and friend. God bless you and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was struck by your words above that say, "I remember that my Lord loves to say Yes to me." What a contrast to the lie that says, "The answer is always, NO!" Look forward to the YES, YES, YES of His grace and mercy and LOVE! (Betty)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...