January 21, 2014

Hilarity

Does this happen in your house, also? Please tell me it does.

~oOo~

Naomi: "Oh, I should have eaten that while it was warm!"

Mom: "Why don't you put it in the oven? But, only a few minutes, you don't want it to burn."

Naomi: "True. If I left it in the oven too long it might turn into a charcoal."

Sophia: "But, then you could use it as fuel and keep yourself warm."

Noah: "Or, turn it into pencils and use them for your art supplies."

Mom: "Or, take it to the ice rink. It could be the hockey puck that wins the next world championship."

~oOo~

Mom: "What verses did you choose for your recitation?"

Noah: "Psalm 1"

Mom: "OK. Recite."

Noah: "Blessed is the man that walketh NOT! in the counsel of the ungodly, NOR standeth in the way of sinners, NOR sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth BANANAS in his season; his BANANA leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper..."

Naomi: "Noah! that bringeth forth Pineapples in his season! Get it right!"

Sophia: "that bringeth forth oranges in the Summer, people!"

Mom: "What am I going to do with you children?! Be serious."

All three in unison: "Sorry Mom...that bringeth forth apples in the fall; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper..."

Mom: *sigh*



7 comments:

  1. Kids are funny, every time I am on one topic they raise their hands for something way off topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are funny! Sometimes when I think I have their rapt attention, they interject some question like "I wonder what it is about blueberries that makes them stain?"

      Delete
  2. I will say that the first bit definitely sounds like my household. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I went to your site and put my vote in. No wonder the first bit happens at your house...you are storytellers!

      Delete
    2. It's a side effect of myself being a writer, my wife being an artist, and my room-mate being a producer. Not to mention us all switching places occasionally. Haha That's not even covering the other friends and/or family.

      None the less, I'm glad you liked the site! I've gotten a chance to go through yours a bit more and I think I'm gonna keep an eye on it. ;)

      Delete
  3. God is so present in children, and brings such comfort through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those BRIGHT kids! (Betty)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...