December 17, 2013

Difficult days.

 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

2 Timothy 3:1-5

This is a hard verse.  How do we, as Christians, love these people if we are to avoid them?

~oOo~

A jury in Washington has awarded a whopping $50 million settlement to a couple that says, if they had known their five-year-old son would be born with a genetic defect, they would have aborted him.



The mother with the "defective" little Oliver.

You can read the full story by clicking on the photo.

What a heaviness. A parent bitter about the hardship of raising a child with disabilities is one thing. The courts deciding that compensation is required for the inconvenience is another. 

Who decides the value of another person? The courts?

Is there no fear of God?

These truly are difficult days. I am so glad to have a Father full of Wisdom to depend on.

7 comments:

  1. I went to this article. It's about the worst thing I've ever heard of. What is even worse than this article, was that there were other articles brought to the attention of the reader of suits just like this. I shared it on my fbook page. I thought of Genesis 6:5. Thank you for sharing. Life is not all good news, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is just unimaginable! I, too, am glad to know that God is still in control.

    Thank you for the wonderfully-supportive comment you left for me on my blog. I think of you often, my friend.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id like to know where the 50 million dollars is coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Santos,

    I think that is a satire piece...too many things in it that sound satirical. Satire is supposed to be funny and I agree that it isn't, and I agree that these are terrible times. That people might find humor in this type of "tongue in cheek humor" is sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, never mind, I looked further and found it in the Seattle Times, I didn't think that would be a real story it sounded so ridiculous that I didn't think we had gone that far down the drain. Very sad times, worse than I thought. I thought it was a sick joke...much worse that it is our new reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering! Yeah, a real story and very sad about the reality. Because it is in my state, it was on the news here. Glad to hear from you Susan.

      Delete
  6. The answer to your question is to pray for them. That couple needs our prayers that God's grace would find the cracks in their hearts and soak into the deepest parts of their beings. Prayer is the antidote to our own natural unredeemed desire to judge others and prevents us from being infected by the poison that would harden our own hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...