December 10, 2013

December Daybook ~ 2013


(You may like to enjoy other daybooks)



For Today

Tuesday night, December 10, 2013

Outside our window...

There is no snow.  You can imagine how the children are taking this tragedy.

Gloom and doom all over their faces.

Joy and thanks all over mine.

I am thankful...

for chocolate covered coconut almonds.

Aren't you?

I am wearing...

A black turtleneck sweater, a soft woolen skirt, and black tights. Baby, it's COLD outside!

From the kitchen..

Many pots of tea,

Tangerines,

Grilled chicken and pasta for dinner

I am learning...

that God invites us to fellowship with Him rather than commands us to.

I am creating...

a list and checking it twice...

gonna give the kids a present that's nice.
  
I am going... 

with the children to a nursing home tomorrow.

They will join with their class to play Christmas music for the residents.

It should be a fun time.

I am remembering...

My sister in prayer. Her baby is due any time now. We are waiting expectantly.

I am reading...

The Holy Spirit of the Bible, by Brandon & Desiree Elrod

Various Christmas stories from the library

Galatians

Around the house...

Our Christmas quilt has found a home on the wall

Red and gold bulbs are hung with sparkly ribbon.

Candles are lit and the tree lights are on.

A quote to share...

“Man finds it hard to get what he wants, because he does not want the best; God finds it hard to give, because He would give the best, and man will not take it.”
― George MacDonald

Do you think this is true?

Some of my favorite things...

Warm socks

Warm sweaters

Hot tea

Blankets

Soft pajamas and a comfortable robe

A crackling fire

Have I told you that it is COLD out there?

A few plans for the rest of the month...

Sing Christmas Carols, eat chocolate, give thanks, give gifts, wear my red sparkle scarf, stay warm, read books, pray, go to church, enjoy my children, reach out to Mr. Santos.

Perhaps some tamales...maybe Mr. Santos would like to share some tamales.

Do not grow weary in well doing for in due season you shall reap if you faint not.

Pray for us.

A picture thought to share:




A new Tea Pot with matching cup and saucer!

(a gift from a friend who knows me well.)

8 comments:

  1. An update! My niece was born 12/11 and named after my mom. Regina Marie! Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant news, always exciting to hear the arrival of a baby and all went well. Love catching up with all your news:)))

      May you have a lovely weekend with your gorgeous children and keep warm (while I keep cool)!!

      Blessings

      Delete
  2. The quote from George MacDonald is definitely true, and the reason is that God's best gifts come wrapped in slimy seaweed, which causes us to reject them, thereby forfeiting the huge diamonds He has hidden inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! So nice to see you comment again. I agree with you that GM's quote is true. But, I think it has more to do with our desire to control what we receive from God. We want what WE want.

      Some of the beauty and value of God's gifts truly are hard to see and find...like the pearl in the oyster, the diamond coming from extreme pressure. But I disagree that God wraps his gifts in an ugly way which causes us to reject them. Some of his gifts are wrapped so wonderfully that we end up worshipping the gift rather than the giver, for example, our children or His creation.

      Delete
    2. I agree with the worshipping the gift comment, but I also have to agree with the slimy seaweed comment. Some of the terrible things that have happened to me have become in my eyes a gift. No, not what I wanted. My friend has an autistic son. Definitely not what she wanted. She definitely wanted to reject God, reject the gift. But a beautiful gift, wrapped in slimy seaweed. She is so much closer to God and better for Him because of the gift of her autistic son.
      I know my slimy seaweed gift these days is the chaos I live in. I hate chaos. I feel it is a reflection on me, but I also know that it is my life right now. It is a gift because of how it makes me depend on God for everything, for Love, and it makes me more humble, and accepting of others and their own versions of chaos. Love you Laura.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Cheri for your perspective! So good. If we only knew that God is always good and doing good and giving good to us...even if it doesn't seem like it.

      I guess that is why we are so often encouraged to wait on the Lord.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to all the Santos :-)
    May your time be blessed as you treasure the greatest Gift {which I think that you do!}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...