November 03, 2013

November!

"While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, 
and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night 
shall not cease."
Genesis 8:22



(click on the picture above to join in other daybooks)



For Today

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Outside our window...

A thick carpet of leaves, branches and pine needles.
We enjoyed a blustery storm yesterday.

I am thankful...

For all the lovely comments left on my blog and Facebook.

Thank you, if you are one of the lovely people who commented. You have encouraged me so much, and I am happy that we can share our Times with such loving people as you are.
Thank you, especially, for your prayers.

I think of that time when God comes to Ananias (Acts 9) and sends him to Saul "because he prayeth." God hears and acts on behalf of our prayers...they have worked to sustain me and my family.

I am wearing...

A black skirt and a burgundy blouse. I love this color burgundy ~ red with a hint of brown in it.
I am also wearing antique earrings from my mother...gold stars with deep red rubies in the center.

The points from the stars sometimes poke a person's cheek when I give hugs.
So, if you see me coming with open arms, WATCH OUT!

From the kitchen...

Well, let's see.

I had a simple lunch of fried eggs with shredded Parmesan and sliced avocado.
It was perfect with two pieces of cinnamon toast and Jasmine tea.

The children are not "home."
Is this their home? Or is that their home?
A separated husband and wife causes such chaos in the lives of the children.
Yet God's grace is sufficient. Does that sound like an excuse?

It's not.

It's my only hope.

Anyways, I have some things planned for our menu when the kids are here at the Main House:
French Toast
Tacos (of course)
Soup
Chicken sandwiches
...and more.

I am learning...

That God is glorified by FRUIT.

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; John 15:8

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith.

When is this fruit most evident? During the tough times.

The branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine.

So, a fruitful life is by God's grace.

I am learning to be thankful for the suffering in my life.
How else can I bear fruit worthy of my Lord?

Love is delicious when responding to hate and rejection.
Joy is nutritious in gloomy situations.
Peace satisfies when fear is looming.

There is no such thing as "long suffering" without tough times.

O Taste and see that the Lord is good! 
Blessed is the man that trusts in him. 
Psalm 34:8

I am creating...

new traditions
new habits
new goals

S.L.O.W.L.Y.

We are living day by day at The Santos Times...one of our new habits.

I am going... 

to finally send off our blankets to VOM tomorrow afternoon. We had a few more trickle in.


I am remembering...

That Sophia and Naomi are waiting for me to make an entry in our "Mother/Daughter" Journals.


They each have their own to share with me.

I am reading...

"Her Mother's Hope" by Francine Rivers. Actually, I just started it today. Picked it up from the library on the recommendation of a friend. We'll see if it is good or not.

Also doing a Bible study with some girlfriends on



Around the house...

It is quiet.
I am getting refreshed for a new week of school and
 music lessons and all the bustle of being
Mom.

A quote to share...

And there are my children! My darling, precious children! 
For their sakes I am continually constrained to seek after an amended, a sanctified life; 
what I want them to become I must become myself”
~ Elizabeth Prentiss, Stepping Heavenward

Some of my favorite things...

Eating lunch with a view of the water, especially if that lunch is Fish Tacos.

A happy, peaceful smile from my children.

A few plans for the month:

Sophia gets braces.
All the kids have their first Piano Recital.
Music Olympics.
Thanksgiving.
My birthday.

Some picture thoughts to share:



On a hay ride with my lovies. You can't tell we are related, can you?



A pretty Autumn view last week.
Can you smell the crisp, cold air?

13 comments:

  1. That's all we can do - live day by day, love our children as much as possible and completely trust in the Lord, our heavenly Father. Not a lot else we can do really. Who knows what tomorrow will bring:)))) Sending you <<>

    PS you have a wonderful smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I really enjoyed this post! Most of my blog posts are teaching centered, but there is just something about reading a real person's daily life schedule. You sound like a real overcomer. And, I just wanted to say thanks for joining my apron giveaway. I will let you know in a little bit which name we draw as the winner. But as you know because of Jesus Christ we are all winners!!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Roxy, "Jesus, what a friend for sinners, Jesus, lover of my soul!"

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your post and your blog. You are such an encouragement to me. Your children are so precious to Brian and I. The pictures are amazing!
    "There is no such thing as LONG SUFFERING without tough times." So true. Thank you again. Praying for you and your dear family.
    In Christ, Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Carla, especially for loving my children over the years. They love you too. Sophia takes most of all the pictures. She does such a great job.

      Delete
  4. I loved your post today! I've always enjoyed your writings. I am sad you are going through a tough time, but I know He will take care of you!

    In spite of your troubles, I see joy on you and your children's faces. I love what you wrote: "Joy is nutritious in gloomy situations." Such a wonderful thought - and so true. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerralea~ I was just thinking about you and when we shared Tea Time posts so long ago. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  5. :) What a beautifully expressed post, Laura. The common thread I see throughout the entire post is your beautiful dependence on God. And I love your idea of a perfect lunch...fish tacos with a view of the water! What more could a girl ask for? ;) May you be blessed with a wonderful remainder to your week, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dianna~So nice to meet someone who can appreciate fish tacos. A happy week to you also.

      Delete
  6. what an awesome post!!! love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gilligan and thanks for following. Most of the pictures on this blog are taken by my daughter...unless she is in it, of course. Great meeting you!

      Delete
  7. I loved reading your daybook for today (even though it was last week!). Your family photo is lovely - you can tell you were all moulded by the same hand :) I loved your photo of the crisp cold day too. Very picturesque.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...