November 07, 2013

It's temporary.

Today is

Bleak, Wet, Cold, Dark.

And so...

I am delighting myself with memories of warm, and bright days.


Isn't Naomi a little "crack-up" in this picture? 
She looks as if she would wilt if not for the popsicle.


The cool joy of a water slide!



Summer enterprises.



Blue skies will come again, I'm sure of it.

I would like to be thankful for the grey dampness. I'm trying.

I'm thankful for a warm house.
I'm thankful for electricity and a warm bath.

Oh my, I'm SO thankful for that! It's one of my favorite things.



I'm thankful for a full pantry and fridge. We enjoy so much abundance.


And I'm thankful for these beautiful pictures Sophia took.



They remind me that Grey Skies are temporary.

And so are Sunny Days.



"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord,
 and to sing praises unto thy name O most high." 



I am looking forward to the promise...
"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."





7 comments:

  1. I recognize some of those beautiful photos--SO beautiful Sophia! And Laura, thank you for the beautiful words of thanksgiving. Love from me, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you too, Betty. Thanks for visiting The Times and your contagious happiness.

      Delete
  2. Great words of encouragement ..miss u guys ...loving you.... wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are spot on - we have so much to be thankful for and its so important to remember :))

    Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos ~
    Pollyanna might say, The darker days are better for enjoying candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the right perspective: In everything give thanks.
    www.joanna-fiftysomething@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...