November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving - It's my Birthday!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful that today I am forty-something.

(I've decided to stop counting my birthdays.)

I am thankful for a lovely breakfast my amazing children prepared for me.


They included peppers in the eggs even though not one of them enjoy eating peppers. 
They did it just for me! Now that's love!


Noah knows what a woman wants. He dressed up and gave me chocolate!
Can you see the birthday banner in the back?


I love presents!


A cozy nightgown with matching slippers.
Just what I wanted! and my favorite color too!


This was my favorite gift. 
Four balloons representing, the sky, the sun, their heart, the moon.

Why would they want to give so much to me?
With all my faults, my children love me.

I am abundantly blessed.

One minute I can't keep from smiling from all my blessings.
The next minute I can't keep the tears flowing from all my losses.

This is a bittersweet day for me.

Through it all, God is good and I am thankful that He never changes.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes. 
Is only the giving good? 
No. Everything God does is good. 
We cannot measure His goodness by our feelings.

O give thanks unto the Lord for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, beautiful friend. You are certainly blessed indeed. And yet I can understand also having tears because of your losses. It's a fragile balance, isn't it?

    May the Lord bless you and keep you, dear one. May he make his face shine upon you this year and every year. And may your heart, and the hearts of those you love the most, always and forevermore love Jesus first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, is there not some way that you can reach out and share some of your joy in your children with Mr. Santos? A short note to him describing what a blessing they are and thanking him for his part in raising them? That would take some of the sting out of the sense of loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Yager for your good advice. It has been my custom since our separation to reach out to Mr. Santos weekly. It does not take away any sting, but it does take away any feelings of regret. I know that I am doing (and have done) all I know to do.

      The losses I was referring to were more than my failing marriage, but also the death of my mother and the estranged relationships I have with other family members.

      But, yes, it is always good to remember how people have been a blessing to us in the past. It helps with forgiveness. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Happy Be-lated Birthday my friend! I'm so happy your children did such wonderful things to make your special day lovely. :)

    You said:

    "One minute I can't keep from smiling from all my blessings.
    The next minute I can't keep the tears flowing from all my losses."

    Yep, that pretty much sums things up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very belated birthday wish, your children provided you with a wonderful day I see:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...