September 09, 2013

September Daybook



(click on the picture above to join in other daybooks)



For Today

Monday, September 9, 2013

Outside our window...

A potted chrysanthemum ready to reach full bloom.



I am thankful...

that I am not alone.  It looks like I am alone. It feels like I am alone.  But, I am not, and I am thankful.

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5

I am wearing...

A blue dress with a pink sweater and my mother's beautiful cameo necklace. I'm also wearing thick and warm (albeit ugly) socks. There is a Fall chill in the air.

From the kitchen..

Peaches. We have been eating them with walnuts and cinnamon, with oatmeal, with breakfast, with lunch, with dinner. Peaches.

I am learning...

To trust GOD and not my circumstances.

What an adventure!

I will be practicing this always as circumstances are always changing.

I am creating...

  Presents to pass out to friends in a week.  They are just little "nothings," but I hope the recipients feel loved.

I will show you a picture after I have passed them out.

The children and I are also creating a new scripture CD.

Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.  Psalm 119:11

I am going... 

to persevere in training my children.  Sometimes, (nearly every day) I want to give up.  I want to just let them be and do whatever they want...but I can't.  We press on seeking the Lord, turning away from our sin, putting off the old and putting on the new.

For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Gal 6:8-9


I am remembering...

The testimony of a missionary to Turkmenistan.  How confident in the Lord he was!

I am also remembering...

the way a resident shouted "Hallelujah!" from her wheelchair after the children and I sang at a local Rest home.  The woman even sang a short solo.  It was very touching and sweet.
Music truly does speak to the soul.

I am reading...

Various devotional classics...Spurgeon, Chambers, Tozer;
Dobson's book on strong-willed children, and my Bible.

Around the house...

Sophia doing her math,
Naomi and Noah acting like wild indians,
a bowl of chocolate coconut almonds tempting me.

A quote to share...

"Train up a child in the way he should go - but be sure to go that way yourself."
~ Charles Spurgeon

Some of my favorite things...

The scent of lavender

Roses

Kayaking

and Sophia's chocolate chip cookies...


or maybe her coconut cake is my favorite...




A few plans for the month:

Taxi all to Piano and Violin lessons

Enjoy a professional MASSAGE! (Thank you, Lord)

Perhaps begin a new part-time job. I haven't heard yet if I've been hired.

Continue waiting, waiting, waiting on the Lord.

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint. 

Some picture thoughts to share:





2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are back. I have been praying fervently for you with each new day of no post. You are right in that you are not alone. The Lord is always with you and is keeping you in the thoughts and prayers of your online friends all over this beautiful world. Take heart, Mrs. Santos. He will strengthen and sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "Anonymous" for the encouragement and the prayers. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...