September 23, 2013

Grumpy?

Rejoice in the Lord Always and again I say Rejoice!

Today has been a grumpy day. Nothing big. The children are easily provoked by one another, which in turn provokes me. The landlord is not addressing some necessary repairs.  I tried sending an important e-mail several times, unsuccessfully.

The rain is pouring.

But I can't stay there...In Grumpsville.  I must get out.  It is an act of the will to Rejoice always.  Things are not always pleasant and perfect. No, in fact, in my experience there is always something to poke and provoke. Yet, every day is a day of rejoicing.

Some of the things I can rejoice in...

The lush of the green grass and trees outside my windows.
The good health of my children.
A fridge full of food to prepare.
A warm house on a rainy Autumn day.
Good neighbors who deliver an abundance of Asian Pears.
A little church of believers who pray for me and my family.

But I can rejoice in so much more than this. I can Rejoice in the Lord. I like how Spurgeon put it...

Since he is WISE, that should make us glad, knowing as we do our own foolishness. Since he is MIGHTY, that should cause us to rejoice who tremble at our weakness. Since he is EVERLASTING, that should always be a theme of joy when we know that we wither as the grass. Since he is UNCHANGING, that should perpetually yield us a song, since we change every hour.
This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...