September 12, 2013

Autumn Paths ~ I wonder what's next?


Oh! I hate to see the Summer end!

It has been such a beautiful one and I am thankful...for the sunshine, the warmth,  and all the fun of the season...

and for the Peace.

Our Summer has been a time of Peace, the kind that passes understanding.

The good brother of Peace is Confidence.  Does one lead the other? I don't know, but surely they walk together.  And, of course, Confidence follows after Trust in Jesus... Jesus, who is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. HE is truly the Leader. He leadeth me beside the still waters.

~oOo~

Our Summer began with a separation.

A marriage separation.

It was a long time coming.

We have been married for over 15 years, but there are some things that we could not work out in all that time. 
 It's as if we speak two different languages. 
This is true for every married couple. After all, one speaks "woman" and the other speaks "man."  
But for us, throw in "American" and "El Salvadorean" 
and also "Christian" and "Non-Christian."

He doesn't understand me.
I don't understand him.

After months of separation, THANK GOD, we will finally meet with a marriage counselor.

It will be a "counseling retreat".

Maybe.

We will meet with him, her, them (I don't know) for three hours a day ~ for a whole week.

Doesn't really sound like a retreat, does it?

More like boot camp.

But maybe...maybe that is what we need.

Maybe I will hear.

Maybe HE will hear.

Maybe we will understand a little bit more and be able to work some things out.

~oOo~

Summer Memories


Visiting Sophia at "Fiddle Camp"


There she is playing at one of the many concerts given.


Naomi riding her favorite horse, Epic, at "Horse Camp"



Mr. Santos came to her "finale"


She has favorite shoes boots too.


Noah turned NINE this Summer


This was the day we took him kayaking.



Blueberry picking. (I wore my "blueberry" dress)  


Warm, lavender scented walks


~oOo~

This Summer I felt like a precious daughter of a king, so safe, loved and provided for.

It's amazing how one can walk through something as heart wrenching and ugly as a marriage separation, yet have such joy and peace.  I told you! It was Peace that passes understanding.

I don't know what the future holds.

But there is a change in the air.

Things are changing.

Summer is coming to an end and I don't know where this Autumn path will lead.

But I do know Who is leading.

I will follow after Him.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, 
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: 
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness 
for his name's sake.
Psalm 23: 2-3

Pray for me as I pray for you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I sure hope your counseling together helps to heal your marriage. I hope and pray that it would be so.

    Your attitude is so inspiring and I'm glad to see you blogging again.

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Santos, your summer pictures are beautiful. I especially love the lavender and your pretty blue dress.
    Thanks for sharing such a personal post. May the Lord restore what is broken and bring salvation. You remind us that struggles and trials may come, "but the Lord upholds the righteous." Psalm 37:17b. May He continue to uphold you with His Strength. Have a blessed week~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty in the last picture. I think it is my favorite of you. Love you.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep you in prayer, Stay faithful in the word and he will continue to guide you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...