July 03, 2013

July?! What happened to June?

 Wow. It's been a long time since I have posted.
Is anyone out there? I have missed spending time with you.
My computer dropped off of a high shelf cracking the screen.
It is getting repaired, finally. While I have been able to check e-mail and facebook with Sophia's Kindle, I could not blog.
 
Anyways, I had a moment on another computer so I thought I would share some recent photos of what is growing outside our front door (courtesy of Sophia, of course) and the FB posts you might of missed.
 
Hope to be back soon.  I always think of you! 
 
 
 
Delayed answers to prayer are not only trials of faith, they also give us opportunities to honor God through our steadfast confidence in Him even when facing the apparent denial of our request.
 
~ CH Spurgeon.   
 
My soul wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. Psalm 62:5

 
Stop having a measuring rod for other people. There is always one fact more in every man's case about which we know nothing.
 
~ Oswald Chambers

 
The past is forgiven, there's Power for today, and Hope for tomorrow.
Rejoice in the Lord and Be glad!

 
Why should I be frightened and surprised by the plow of the Lord, which makes deep furrows in my soul? I know He is not some arbitrary or irrational farmer - His purpose is to yield a harvest. 
 
~ Samuel Rutherford

 
The Photographer.  She's only in this photo because I have her camera.


 
Growing up way too fast. Teach us to number our days.
I am so thankful for this wonderful Boy in my life.

 
Naomi Baloney

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time away from the computer screen!

    Sweet pics of your family and beautiful flowers - Looks so lovely and restful!

    Blessings to you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie~ this comment just came through! Strange since the date is July 4th. Anyways, thank you for your comment and always visiting me. Hope you've been having a nice summer. I'm on my way over to visit you too.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mrs Santos,

    Beautiful pictures! Looks very tropical!

    And thank you for your comment on flutterbys. So true about fear. We all feel fear from time to time and it comes out of our lack of trusting God. I've heard it said that in the verse "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" the word translated "fear" means a dreadful reverence...and we ought never have that worshipful reverence for a man. Even our husbands can have our respect but we must not have it become idolatry.

    Very lovely thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great quotes and lovely pictures. I miss you and hope you'll be able to blog again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, Thank you! I don't know when I will return to blogging, but it is nice to be missed. I love your picture, pretty lady!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...