May 29, 2013

The last days of May



(click on the picture above to join in other daybooks)

FOR TODAY

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Outside our window...

Big Clouds. Blue water. Rhododendrons in full bloom.

I am thankful...

for the FRIENDSHIP of God.

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his lord does: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
John 15:15

I am wearing...

A sky blue skirt and top with a floral cardigan sweater. My sweater has pearl buttons, so I put on some pearl earrings too. I have a pair of brown open toed heels. My walking shoes are in the car. When I am done with this post, I will pick up the children from music lessons and we will go for a walk.

From the kitchen..

We just finished a pot of white chicken chili.  I suppose the next "pot" will be tortilla soup.
I must use up the fresh cilantro. Maybe tacos also. But you all are probably tired of tacos.

We're not!

I am learning...

That the truth matters more to me than perspective.

That many people will fight hard for their perspective while denying the truth.

That Truth never changes, but perspective always does.

I am creating...

  Nothing. But the girls are working on scrapbook pages and Noah is making fun things from his Physics Kit.

I am happy to be around such creative people all day.

I am going... 

To buy a pot of flowers from the nursery today. I'll put it on a tree stump by our front door.

I love flowers, don't you?

I am remembering...

That my Auntie Nina and my Mom liked nuts.

A friend made us some wonderful chocolate chip cookies chock full of walnuts.

So yummy and such a cozy memory.

I am reading...

 Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend

Around the house...

A place for everything and everything in it's place.

Homemaking can be so satisfying at times!

A quote to share...

"The gospel is wide enough to include everyone and narrow enough to exclude legalists."
~ John MacArthur

Some of my favorite things...


Sunshine

Jasmine Tea

Pretty Dresses

Flamenco guitar music

A few plans for the month:

The Santos Times are in a place of waiting on the Lord.

I cannot plan for a whole month! I hardly know what tomorrow will bring. We are just waiting and taking one day at a time. I do plan on going for a walk, on taking the children to their sewing class tomorrow, seeing the chiropractor and perhaps visiting with some friends later in the week.
Life is hard yet pleasant, and we are waiting, waiting, waiting.

At least the waiting is also RESTING.

Resting in the sovereignty of a Great and Loving Father.

Some picture thoughts to share:

We took a short trip to California last week ~ just the children and I. 

It was five days full of sunshine! What a blessing!









God bless the rest of your month of May.  Leave me a comment and say Hi. I'll be sure to return the visit.

4 comments:

  1. The month of May is always one of the loveliest months of the year, Mrs. Santos. It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time in California!! :) I hope the month of June comes along with more blessings and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Euni~ we did. Even with the rain, it's good to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi! I hope you're doing well.
    Thanks for the visit and the comment on my blog the other day. I'm still not ready to get back to blogging but I enjoy visiting blogs as time allows. I hope you have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Laurie. I'm thinking of giving up blogging also. The things I really want to blog about are personal and take risk to share publicly. I'm undecided. God bless you always.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...