March 15, 2013

The Middle of March


 (green hills in honor of St. Patrick's Day)

(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

March 15, 2013

Outside our window...

Tiny leaves coming out on the raspberry canes. Signs of Spring!
 
I am thankful...

For a wonderful visit with one of my favorite people in the world.



I am wearing...

My mother's cameo necklace with a pink sweater, and a brown skirt.

From the kitchen..

Lots of questions.

Deciding to go gluten free for Sophia's sake. I don't know where to begin.


I am learning...

Contentment is cheerful.

Contentment is hopeful.

Contentment can bring rest.

I am creating...

 Several blog posts:
 
One on our recent camping trip, another on a great book I read and want to recommend, a post on forgiveness and finally, one on the progress of our sewing projects and our garden.
 
I am going... 

To a wedding ~ looking forward to a happy time!

I am remembering...

The "little" days. They go by so fast.


Ages 6, 4, and 3 

I am reading...

The book of Daniel with the kids.
 
The biography of Harold St. John. What a man!
This book is changing my life and it will be the topic of a coming post.
 
Around the house...

Lots of spaces begging for a good scrub!

A quote to share...

"Here is the glory of Bible study: that if we learn God's will, and then do it we shall grow like God.  But its peril is that we rest content with a knowledge of the text and go no further, like travelers who sit down in the road and imagine they have reached the king's palace." ~ Harold St. John
 
Some of my favorite things...

A quiet moment in the sunshine.

A kind compliment.

Pretty earrings.

A few plans for the month:

Well, the month is half over!

But there is still lots to look forward to...

A wedding,
A funeral,
A book signing party,
Naomi's 10th birthday,
Palm Sunday,
Good Friday,
and my favorite day of all days,
The Reason for all my hope and peace and joy~

Easter Sunday

(not for the chocolate eggs but for the Resurrection of my Savior Jesus Christ)
 
Some picture thoughts to share:
 
We wouldn't be the Santos Times without Mr. Santos.

 

 
 
 

 
Just a couple weeks until we mark our 15th wedding anniversary.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary (almost!) :)

    Are you familiar with Rachel Martin's blog, finding joy? She should be a good source to help you with gluten free, as in today's post...

    http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! I will check it out right away. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I enjoyed seeing pictures of your lovely family.

    Your favorite things are some of my favorites as well. I admit to loving pretty earrings.

    Thanks for sharing the quote. It is so true that we often are content to study the Word gut not do it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to see happy children! and you and your husband look so young!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...