February 12, 2013

In all things give thanks

 Today is the 11th day that I have been in pain.  It's manageable now.
Maybe I am getting used to it or maybe, it is getting better.  

Such simple things we take for granted.

Are you pain free?

Be thankful.

Are you in pain?

Be thankful.

This is the lesson that I am learning.

I have a Father in Heaven that knows my needs. (Matt 6:32) 
He knows my pain.
Nothing is hidden from Him. (Psalm 139)
He loves me
and He loves you.

But there is more.

"Old Faithful," our van, is not so faithful anymore.
The Santos Cottage seems more like a closet than a cottage,
what with these children growing so fast. (smiles)

Mr. Santos has made some executive decisions for The Times that are uncomfortable,
but as the head of the house, he deems what's best. 

Big changes are looming on the horizon for our family.

Unknowns.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1Thess 5:18

So often I pray, "Thy will be done as it is in heaven." There are times when I am a big part of God's will being done or not.  It is His will that I give thanks ~ in everything.

Yesterday, I had just ended my morning prayers with these same words, "Thy will be done."

I got out of bed to begin my day and I was completely pain free. What a joyous feeling! I set to work right away full of ambition for all my plans.  Only ten minutes into my day and the pain returned with a vengeance.  All my plans went "poof."

Immediately, I remembered my prayer.

Would I obey? Would I participate in God's will being done?

I prayed, "Thank you Lord for your will" I heard the scriptures repeated in my soul, "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

~oOo~

This is the typical scene in the morning.  Naomi has been trained to keep her sewing supplies and projects in one small basket. We have all been trained to keep our "stuff" clean and neat.


But sometimes work and projects aren't finished by lunch.  This used to be a problem for me. 
Where would we eat? Clean up time, again?
I envied every school room or big house with room enough to spread out.

One day, I was convicted that I need to teach my children to find solutions rather than dwell on problems ~ to be thankful.

Now, when school work goes beyond the lunch hour, we just have a picnic in the living room.




Life can be pleasant in a closet cottage.


How are you learning to be thankful in everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...