February 02, 2013

February Already?




(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

February 2, 2013

Outside our window...

 
 

 
I am thankful...

For color, especially in winter. See how our red chairs stand out on a grey afternoon?

I am wearing...

A brown turtleneck sweater with a suede skirt and heavy socks.  It's cold today.
I am also wearing a soft pink lap quilt for comfort.

From the kitchen..

a bacon, pepper, havarti quiche with jasmine tea and orange slices.

I am learning...

not to return evil for evil.  I have been convicted over and over with this.  It is quite humbling to realize how often I choose to fight instead of 'overcoming evil with good' as the Bible commands us to do.

For instance, when I am confronted with evil in my children, (perhaps they are bickering or being selfish as we all are wont to do at times) yelling or criticism is returning evil for evil!

I am creating...

a dress.  The progress the girls have made in their sewing class has inspired me.  This is the pattern I just ordered.  All I need to do now is pick a fabric.  You can click on the link below to see other variations.

 
 
I am going... 

to be thankful for this day even though I am greatly desiring SUNSHINE!!!

I am warm
well provided for
safe
able
and most importantly...

God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6

I am remembering...

a recent shopping trip with the children.  They wanted to spend some of their allowance.

 
Naomi bought balloons.  Such simple things make her happy.

 
Noah bought himself a new hat.


 And Sophia spent her OWN money on these magazines ~ an early Valentine gift for me.

She is so kind and generous.  (Kisses to you, lovey!)

I am reading...

Actually I am soon to begin reading...
 
 
 
Around the house...

It is very quiet. Occasionally, I can hear the rooster crow from the ranch next door.  Mr. Santos took the children on a short day trip and the silence is a bit lonely and energizing at the same time.

I think it is good to just sit quietly to clear the mind.

"Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalm 46:10

A quote to share...

“There are certain things we must not pray about - moods, for instance. Moods never go by praying, moods go by kicking.”  

~ Oswald Chambers
 
Some of my favorite things...

Memories of my mother

A few plans for the month:

Watch some of my Spring bulbs pop up
Celebrate Valentine's Day for fun. I like that day. I have great plans for my lovies.
Practice speaking kindly and kicking out all bad moods.  A grey day is not an excuse to be grumpy (that is a note to myself)

Enjoy every peaceful day I have.  Isn't the world so upside down these days?

Will this be the month that Jesus returns?
 
Some picture thoughts to share:
  
 
the view from my chair as I type this daybook out.

 
I brought the flowers and oranges home from the grocery store for a bit of sunshine.

 

6 comments:

  1. You're right, the world is SO upside down and we must enjoy each day that the Lord gives us.

    Your Daybooks are always so much fun to read, Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a nice thing to say Mrs. B! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I can see the sunshine in your house just through your words, they shine with love and kindness:)) What a sweet daughter to by you an early Valentine gift (aren't' children adorable). The dress looks lovely:))

    Blessings for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joluise. I will have help with the dress. I hope it comes out.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog. The fog becomes a type of sunshine, for it is merely weather, created by God, and what we do with it can be very dull or very beautiful. Imagine if everyone hated sunshine and responded to it in a dull way. Summer would be very bleak. Instead, everyone puts on pretty summer clothing and has a picnic or goes to the beach. There has to be something special to celebrate in gloomy days; it is just a matter of discovering what goes with it best and what can be done to compliment foggy or gloomy days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and fresh daisies make the winter seem a little brightr! That was sweet that she spent her own money on your magazine gift! I love magazines.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...