January 16, 2013

For ME?

There is nothing more humbling, heart wrenching, painful and wonderful as being a mother.
 
At times I am overwhelmed with my failures.
 
At times I am overwhelmed with the failures of my children.
 
God's grace is sufficient.  How thankful I am that He says in Hebrews 4;16
 
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of Grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
 
Some days God's Grace in my life is so SWEET, and wonderful.
 
Last night was very cold (in the 20's).
Mr. Santos maintains his rule to sleep with the windows open even in the middle of winter.
 
He is my hot blooded Latin husband.
 
It was no wonder that all the children begged to sleep with us for warmth.
 
We said "yes." 
 
After all, they won't be children for long.
 
I didn't sleep too well, not for the elbow in my ribs or the toes near my ears, but because I was sick.
My stomach was churning and I felt yucky.
 
In the morning, I sent everyone off to shower and get ready for the day.
 
Inwardly, I sighed heavily.  The mundane tasks ahead of me seemed too much.  The potential conflicts, the chores, the grey winter made me want to just stay in bed.
 
I prayed "Lord, thank you for this day that you have made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it."
 
It is the LORD that makes me glad!
 
 
 
 
This was the note that greeted me in the bathroom.  What a smile it put on my face! 
 
While I was singing my heart out in the shower, someone snuck in and exchanged the notes.
 
More smiles, of course.
 
Thank you, lovies.
 
 
I walked into my room to get dressed and found my bed was made!
 
Oh my! What kind of day was this going to be?
 
 
I passed the children's room and found it clean and neat.
 
 
The front room was warm and comfortable.
 
 
Naomi made that sweet pillow in her sewing class and placed it on my chair as a gift.
 
Is it Mother's Day?
 
 
A get well message met me at the breakfast table.  I didn't think anyone noticed I was sick!
 
What lovely children!
 
 
The kitchen was spotless and ready for me to make breakfast, which I did GLADLY!
 
 
Especially since I could enjoy tea and toast while I worked.
 
The note reads:
 
Mom~
We love you so much, you
are a very special person.
 
You are a good mom.
 
We hope you are better.
We couldn't decide which toast you
would rather have so we made both.
 
Love, Sophia, Naomi, Noah
 
And guess what else?  My Great and Loving God has filled this cold winter day with SUNSHINE.
 
It is a happy day!  Trust in the Lord.  Delight thyself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  He loves us so intimately!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony about love! Also, what a blessing to have your children truly care about their sick mama. I find that very precious, indeed. You are a blessed woman, Mrs. Santos!

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.....I love this....how sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post almost makes me cry of happiness. To reap what you sew in your children is the most wonderful feeling! I'm sure the LORD feels that way about seeing us love him, serve him and obey him with joy too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...