January 04, 2013

2013 Daybook #1




(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

January 4, 2013

Outside our window...

Sunshine, blue skies, eagles soaring, Happy trees free of any snow or ice.
 
I am thankful...

For good health! The flu has been making its rounds. By God's grace the children have stayed well!

I am wearing...

Some antique earrings. They are round and iridescent and go well with pink or purple. AND, since I am wearing a purple sweater...

From the kitchen..

just wishes.

I need to go grocery shopping!

But two days ago you would have been so proud! I was in the kitchen from 2p.m to 5:30p.m. slaving away. The kitchen was full of broken egg shells, spices, empty cartons.  The results?

A mandarin orange cake,
Banana bread,
Apple oat muffins
Sausage/green chili quiche
Shrimp scampi with noodles

I am learning...

to talk a little less and listen a little more. God help me...

I am creating...

a new habit...

 To ask "How will this benefit the Lord? Will this build His kingdom?"
 
I am going...

to the chiropractor this afternoon.

I am remembering...

some friends and family in prayer

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Phil 1:3

Do you give thanks for the people in your life?
 
I am reading...

Several little novels that have been downloaded onto Sophia's new Kindle.

Many books that we have wanted to purchase in the past, we can now download for free. WONDERFUL!

I just enjoyed The Lamplighter. I learned so much from Gertrude's and Emily's example.
 Last night I read The Probable Son. Excellent. I will read this one aloud to Naomi. I think she will enjoy it. It will be our own special story.

Isn't it kind of Sophia to loan me her Christmas gift? I try to only borrow it in the evening after she has gone to bed.  Maybe Mr. Santos will buy ME one too!
 
Around the house...

The Christmas decorations are coming down slowly.  The tree is still up.  It is a living tree in a pot, but the decorations have been removed.
We will probably keep it in the house through the month of January.

I like it.
 
Some of my favorite things...

My eight year old son's cheeks.  They often require kissing which he promptly wipes away with an "AWWW Mom!"

I guess he is getting too old for such treatment, but sometimes I just can't resist.

A few plans for the month:

Get back to school. We started Wednesday, but have had a few interruptions.  It will be good to get into a routine.

I also hope to put together a good working budget and menu. Oh the thought of such tasks is daunting! But, I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me.

Funny how one thing can be a 'mountain to climb' for one person and a skip in the park for someone else. 
 
A picture thought to share:
  
Sophia and Noah recently played the bells at our church Christmas program. 
It was a festive celebration.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. It was lovely to hear about your day - you certainly cooked up a feast in the kitchen, its very rewarding looking at what you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your Daybook, you sound very content. Love the pic of you and the kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! Wow, you did great in the kitchen! Good job! Also, the picture of you and your children is so precious. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, thanks for sharing. And it's been cold out, haven't been wanting to go to the grocery store but banana bread sounds good right about now!

    Cinella @ The Mami Blog
    http://cjrthemamiblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I do give thanks for the people in my life. Each one is a blessing!

    Your goodies in the kitchen sound so good. I haven't had shrimp scampi in quite a while.

    Love the photo of you and your children. Very nice looking family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...