November 14, 2012

November!


Isn't this picture beautiful? I found it under fall landscapes on google.

(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)

FOR TODAY

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Outside our window...

Biscuit is wildly pacing, wondering when we will bring her in for the night.

Yes, we bring our chicken in for the cold nights! LOL. She sleeps in a pet carrier that is lined with paper and hay. Spoiled rotten is that little chicken.
 
I am thankful...

for glimpses of sunshine today and the Lords work (painful though it is) to change me.

I am wearing...

A comfy black sweater and plaid skirt.  I love this sweater so much I even take time to wash it in cold water and lay flat to dry...HA!

From the kitchen..

A salad for dinner. Some of the leftover grilled fish from yesterday's fish tacos over some greens.  What would YOU do with leftover fish?

I am learning...

That God's blessings are not the same as what "the world" counts as blessings.

 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
 9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 5:1-12

I am creating...

Holiday cards and pictures to send out soon.
 
I am going...

to be 40 this month!

I am remembering...

When I turned 30! What a FULL ten years it has been!
 
I am reading...

not much...just my Bible along with my favorite daily devotional books:

My Utmost for His Highest and
Streams in the Dessert
 
Around the house...

The children are watching a movie. The dishwasher is on.  Mr. Santos is working late so his dinner is staying warm in the oven.
 
Some of my favorite things...

Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce

A few plans for the month:

Celebrate my birthday with my family.  I am hoping that they will take me to the local Java and Clay cafe.  There, I can enjoy some Jasmine tea and paint a platter for my kitchen wall.
Give thanks.  Sometimes it's hard to see past all my struggles this year and be thankful.  But God says "Rejoice and be exceeding glad!" I just pray that I would struggle for
His sake and not because of my own bad attitude or poor choices.  Lord, help me.
 
A picture thought to share:
 
 
There was a dragonfly! Can you see it?
 
This picture was taken by my good friend and photographer, Charlene Cary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...