November 20, 2012

No Thankfulness without Forgiveness

 
 
Our human relationships are the actual conditions in which the ideal life of God is to be exhibited.
~ Oswald Chambers
 
Do not wait for some ideal situation, some romantic difficulty, some far away emergency; but rise to meet the actual conditions which the providence of God has placed around you today....Down in your secret soul unseen and unknown by any but Jesus, there is a little trial that you would not dare to mention, that is harder for you to bear than martyrdom.
~ Selected (Streams in the Desert)
 
That second quote reminds me of the times when I have said, "I'd rather die than do that!"  Is God calling you to obey Him in something hard?  Is your response to God, "I'd rather die!"
 
Perhaps, like me, He is asking you to forgive someone.
 
Perhaps, like me, He is asking you to be quiet when you have a lot to say.
 
Perhaps, like me, He is asking you to give it ALL, not part, but ALL.
 
Just think. Faith without works is dead.  Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."
 
Do I really believe that "It is no longer I who live, but Christ in me?"  How do I prove that?
 
This is Thanksgiving Week. What a beautiful time!  At church on Sunday we were talking about what gets in the way of our Thankfulness.  So many things.  But what gets in the way of being thankful for the people in your life?  Unforgiveness.
 
Can I, with Paul say, "I thank my God upon EVERY remembrance of you?"  Not if I need to forgive.
 
Join me in making sure you have forgiven the people God has brought into your life.
 
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.  But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
~ Mark 11:25-26

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. As I read my bible more and learn more about what He requires of me, it's apparent that I truly fall short of the mark. It's also apparent that I still have alot of "growing-up" to do in regards to my Christian faith.

    Thank you for this reminder about having a forgiving heart towards others. It's something I am learning to do, slowly over time, but I'm still not perfect with it.

    Have a great Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes friend, as long as we are always moving forward. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too. By the way, I don't remember if I left a comment, but that picture of your kitchen in your last post was so COZY!. How nice to enjoy such a big kitchen.

      Loves to you

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...