November 28, 2012

It's my birthday! YEAH!

~ A Prayer of Thanks ~
 
Dear Lord,
 
Thank you so much for giving me forty years on this earth.
Thank you for giving me a husband and three BEEEEutiful children. Thank you for the good health and the bad health, for the ecstatic moments and the heavy sad moments. 
Thank you for the full pocket days and the empty bank account days.
 Thank you for the births and for the deaths.
 
Through them all, you have become so Real to me and I have gotten to know you better.
 
Thank you for saving me from my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life in heaven with You.
 
I pray that I can spend every day knowing You more and serving You better.
 
Love, Laura


~oOo~

My birthday cake!  Sophia decorated it!
 
The top layer is banana cake with coconut filling.
The second layer is chocolate cake with peanut butter filling.
 
Oh My! Can't wait to eat it. Want a piece?
 
 
 

 
She knows that I love birds! This was a little Christmas ornament she put on top.

 
The children made a Wonderful paper chain to decorate the house. Each chain is decorated with different designs. How special!  Do you see the picture of the sun on the window? It rained all day today, but the children said,
 
"Mom! We made sure you had sunshine on your birthday!"

 
The girls above.
And Me below wearing my "Queen Mom" crown and drinking tea out of
a new birthday cup.


 
Now, THAT sounds wonderful!

 
We spent the afternoon at the Clay cafe painting platters.  Mr. Santos took the children shopping and bought me some candy, flowers and beautiful red pajamas.
 
Aren't they Great?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly-wonderful birthday celebration! Your family sure must love you a lot!

    Happy Birthday my sweet bloggie friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they do! I even got a golden ticket from Noah that said "This golden ticket good for one whole day of "okay Mom". He said "That means I'll obey Mom, promise!" LOL

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!!
    Looks like you had a wonderful day. I thought the cake was beautiful.

    Hugs & blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! All we could say was WOW! It was delicious. Sophia had some direction from a professional. She loves learning anything about food. I thank God there are kind and gifted people to teach my children what I could never teach them.

      Delete
  3. HAPPYYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYY!!!! Sounds like an amazing day... You deserved it! :):) The cake was GORGEOUS. Great Job!!! :)
    Love and Hugs,
    The Winslows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know so much about deserving it, but it was great. Hope your Dad had just a good birthday too. Isn't your mom's just in a few days?

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    The cake is very impressive ~ and the rest looks like royal treatment fit for a MUCH-loved queen. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am blessed. Sometimes the kids answer, "Yes, your majesty!" instead of "O.K. Mom." LOL. Those rascals!

      Delete
  5. What wonderful children you have:)))))))

    Your daughter did an amazing job with the cake and the decorations look lovely.

    Sounds like you were spoilt .

    Happy birthday :)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birthday cake that your daughter decorated looks beautiful! The flavors of the cake sounded yummy as well. Looks like you and your children had a very nice time during your birthday celebration. The sign "This Way to Rest and Relaxation" made me smile.

    I hope that you had a wonderful Birthday!


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Mrs. Santos! May the Lord give you many more years of health and happiness under the shadow if His Wings~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...