October 13, 2012

October Daybook


(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)

FOR TODAY

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Outside our window...

yellow, orange and brown leaves all over the yard; a gentle mist falling, and my colorful zinnias still hanging on to bring a little cheer.

I am thankful...

for the lovely visit I had with my Auntie Rhoda this week. What an unexpected pleasure!

I am wearing...

A "foresty" green plaid skirt with a wine colored long-sleeve tee and a "foresty" green cardigan. I have on matching pumps and a cameo necklace to tie it all together.  When I walk out the door, I will also wear my wine colored wool coat.

"looking good, Mom!" from the lovies.

From the kitchen..

Fresh salsa from our garden produce.  What will I do with all these cherry tomatoes?

Also, a sweet mandarin orange cake full of walnuts.  It is perfectly paired with Jasmine tea on a cool Autumn day.

I am learning...

That insight or understanding is sometimes meant to produce in us long-suffering - PATIENCE - and not necessarily an opportunity for speaking our mind.

Some verses on my mind...

"Measure thy life by loss and not by gain,
Not by the wine drunk, but by the wine poured forth.
For love's strength standeth in love's sacrifice,
And he who suffers most has most to give."

 ~ Streams in the Desert, Oct 10

I am creating...

An organized closet! Yeah!

I bought a few pretty storage boxes to put my papers and pictures in. Now I can take them out of my ugly plastic bins. Also, sending a big bag of unused clothes to Goodwill. It is nice to clean things out.

I am going...

to make a big batch of meatballs for freezer.

I am remembering...

The children trying so desperately to fly their kite earlier this week.

Not a breeze to be found, yet they never gave up. Finally, running with all her might, (and me praying at a distance) Sophia got that kite up in the air.  It stayed up for about 5 seconds - a GLORIOUS five seconds.

You would have loved the shouts of excitement.  Can't wait for a windy day to really see that kite fly.

I am reading...

My Bible, and some children's books by Patricia St. John. Going to start soon her biography on her father.

Around the house...

The lights are on during the day now.

The sounds of Christmas carols are being practised on the children's violins.

Some of my favorite things...

Donuts

Warm sweaters

A place for everything and everything in its place

A few plans for the month:

Continue with my neck and back treatments.  They are making a difference. Little Naomi has been diagnosed with scoliosis so she will be doing regular therapy with me.  This is a big part of our schedule every week.  Lots of time and money being spent, but it is necessary.

We have found a board game we love - Blokus.  And the children have discovered Charades. Two fun things to do in the quiet evening hours.

Pray about how the Lord would have us celebrate the holidays this year.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your neck and back are feeling better.

    This was a lovely daybook to read, yours are always good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. B. You are always so kind. Have you put out your fall decorations yet? I'll come over and see.

      Delete
  2. Hello friend! I didn't know that your kiddo had scoliosis!! I will be praying more for your family. We should get together for a visit! It has been too long. I am no longer working for Sawda, but I am working for a different barn several days a week. My schedule isn't nearly as hectic as last years, for now...:-) Next week is busy but that isn't the norm. Thinking and praying for you!

    ~Sarah G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you! I will call soon and I am praying for your family. Hope you all are recovering well or have recovered from the accident. I know sometimes it takes a while. God bless you good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...