August 10, 2012

August Daybook



(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)

FOR TODAY

Friday, August 10, 2012

Outside our window...

Wildflowers overtaking the garden

Flies buzzing

A little table with a blue bucket full of lemonade.  The lemonade is free, but the tip jar is full.


I am thankful...

just thankful. God always takes care of me. In my sorrow, in my confusion or fear, He is always there with an answer and comfort. I am so thankful for that.

I am wearing...

A brown skirt and a pink tee-shirt.  It's a beautiful sunny day and the grass is soft on my bare toes.  The children and I will walk to the meadow after I finish posting this.

From the kitchen...

A gift from Grandpa, a blackberry pie!

Grilled fish tacos for dinner.


I am learning...

That God is my defender. I don't have to fear what anyone thinks of me.

"He hath shown thee, o man, what is good and what the Lord requires of thee. But to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God."  Micah 6:8

Some verses on my mind...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,"  1 Peter 1:3-4

I am creating...

Thank you notes to some of the many people who shared their love and kindness over the last month.


I am going...

to rest today.

I am remembering...

My mother.  I suppose I will think of something else someday.

I am reading...

A book on Prayer by E.M. Bounds.  Exciting stuff!

I am praying...

That I would want what God wants me to want.
That I would do what God wants me to do.
That I would say what God wants me to say.
That I would go where God wants me to go.

Here is my life, Lord.

Around the house...

A new hutch I brought home from California.  It is so lovely.  It makes my  house feel like a little cottage. It was a gift from my mother. I remember the day she called and said "Laura, I bought you a hutch! You're gonna love it. Oh!say you will love it, Laura."

"I do. I love it, Mom."




Some of my favorite things...

Wildflowers in a jar on a checked tablecloth.

Peanut M&M's

The way Biscuit (our pet chicken) runs across the yard when I call her.

A few plans for the month:

~A visit with Grandpa.
~Re-size my mother's wedding ring so that I can wear it.
~drill my children in Bible verses for the Bible Bee. I don't think we will do too well this year as we took two months off for Grandma. In any case, we will do our best.
~See some good friends get baptized
~Celebrate my sister's birthday


Here are some picture thoughts to share...


We were very blessed to visit with Mama Tina, Luis's mother. She was visiting California all the way from El Salvador while we were losing Mom.  
What a sweet and cheerful woman she is!
God is intimately acquainted with all our ways. How thankful we are for this amazing "coincidence" in the timing of her visit.



Noah, riding a go cart. This was his belated birthday present from me.


Along with a round of miniature golf - boy, was it HOT.


We followed it up with a ride in some bumper boats and water slides. Cool Fun!


It had been a long time since I held Mr. Santos's hand.  He didn't scold me too much when I wanted to pull over every two hours on our drive back to Washington -- just to take a walk.  God bless him.


A back yard picnic after church surrounded by TREES!
God bless Washington and all it's beautiful trees.


I love my little family!


Later we (actually, just them - it was too cold and slimy for me) took a walk down a little brook near our home. 

6 comments:

  1. The hutch from your mother is just *BEAUTIFUL*! And ever so meaningful, I'm sure....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I'm glad you like it. It's fun to show it off.

      Delete
  2. What great photos of your family! Have a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blog surfing and came across your blog. So many things reminded me of my own life.... My Dad's nickname for my sister Naomi was "Baloney-bird" My dear friend had to have all her root canals removed before the blood infection she had would subside. . .I will NOT have a root cananl. My friend died of cancer in February. I am so sorry you, too, have suffered a loss. I am your Mother's age. I grew up in California but now live in Oregon...my friend lived in Vancouver, WA!
    I enjoyed reading your blog.
    May God continue to bless you and keep you... a cause you to grow in His grace. Diane of Salem way~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane, for your visit and your lovely comments. God bless you too and I hope you have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  4. You've been awfully quiet, Laura, I hope you are doing okay. Just been thinking about you and wondering how you are.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...