July 10, 2012

Late Night Tea Time


I am having...

Green Tea.  I hope it doesn't keep me up. It is so comforting to sip a cup of tea in the quiet before bed.  I just said "good night" to my Mom and my Don.  I have been here in California caring for them for five days.  Soon, my children will join me and Mr. Santos will be left alone to hold down the fort.
I am feeling...

Thankful.  These have been some of the hardest days of my life, but God has shown Himself Faithful and near. 

To live and know the Creator of the Universe? What a GIFT!
  
On my mind...
My children. I miss them. Mr. Santos. I miss him too.

My mother.

My God.

A conversation to share...
I walked into the room and turned on the lamp just to check on Mom.  She was lying there awake.

"Oh Mom. I didn't know you were awake! I'm sorry I left you in the dark."

She smiled at me.

Her gentle smile and penetrating stare encouraged me to share my heart, which I did.

"I have been a prideful and an ungrateful daughter.  Mom, please forgive me.  I have wasted so much time trying to prove how 'great' I am.  I have dishonored you by telling you how you need to be or how you need to change.  I'm sorry.

Thank you for being my mom.  God chose you for me and He chose me for you and I am so glad."

Quietly, weakly,  she said, "Those are nice words, Laura."

4 comments:

  1. What *beautiful* words you said to your mom, Laura, they really touched my heart.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words to your mother were beautiful. I know that she truly loved and appreciated them.

    As usual, you are on my mind. I hope you are doing okay and not loosing your mind too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ihave just lost my father and Iknow what you are going true but the kids keep you going I miss him so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Simone about your father. God bless you. I keep praying Colossians 3 for myself, that I would "set my affections on things above" and that my life is hid with Christ in God. This has helped me with all the changes and uncertainties, just to trust God.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...