July 14, 2012

July Daybook



(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)

FOR TODAY

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Outside our window...

It is a warm and dark night in California.

Palm trees, a quiet swimming pool.

I am thankful...

for the lonely quiet of the evening.  It has been an eventful week full of activity and people.  I'm thankful for this time of the day when the people are gone and it is time to sleep.

I am wearing...

Red nail polish on my toes!

My sisters took me to get a pedicure and manicure today.  Oh My! I hated to have someone touch my feet, but once they started the apricot scrub...well...it was very nice.  The chair massage was so relaxing. Wow.

I feel spoiled.

From the kitchen..

A little of everything and more sweets than I should.

I am learning...

About waiting.  I am also learning to submit.  I want to be in CONTROL!  But, right now, I am not.

It is not nice.  But what is nice, is that I can completely trust the One who is.  He is making me wait.

Some verses on my mind...

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints"  Psalm 116:15

"As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked;"  Ezekial 33:11a

I am creating...

Little packages that I have been sending to Mr. Santos and the children back home in Washington.  I miss them.

I am going...

to continue serving my parents, until the end.  The end is near.  I think.  God is in control.

I am remembering...
The Bible says "Rejoice in the Lord, always and again I say, Rejoice!" Phil 4:4

I don't know how to do this.  Lord, teach me. 

I am reading...

My Bible.
I am praying...

That through this whole thing, (caring for my dying mother) I would see and know my Lord.

I was meditating on Psalm 37 today ..."Delight thyself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." 

Is the Lord my delight?  If so, why am I so miserable?  There is so much I want...not Things, or stuff...but just my own way.  I think I would be very delighted if I got my own way in life.

"Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth...covetousness, which is idolatry:" Col 3:5

Around the house...

The buzz of the air conditioner.

Bottles of medication. 

Too many sweets.

A sofa calling my name "Time to go to sleep!"
Some of my favorite things...

Sisters

Friends that I can call anytime
A few plans for the month:
Wait on the Lord.  Care for my Mom and my Don.  Look forward to my children coming to join me soon.

Here are some picture thoughts to share...

 This is the beginning of a walk I take every few hours daily.  I like to wait until the cool (if you can call 85 degrees cool) of the evening.  I walk straight to the end, turn right and then right again and end up back at my Mother's door.  Apartment life.


 The palm tree outside her door.  We don't see any of these in Washington.  I like them.


The front door of my "home away from home"





My Mother and my twin sister (I am in the white) just yesterday.  Since then, things have taken a turn for the worse...Mom is unable to get out of bed now.

I love you, Mom!


4 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your mom. My husband was where you are almost 2 years ago with his dad. He had heart failure but for 2 weeks my husband took care of his fathers every need. The Lord gave my husband grace like I had never seen before, He gave our family grace upon grace. Praying for you all during this difficult time. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know al about parents that are approaching the end of their lives. My mother turns 80 tomorrow and I feel that she has really deteriorated in the last 8 months and dad and I just had a conversation about how long we think she might last. My dad is so strong and I am very proud of how he is holding himself together since his wife (my mum) went into the nursing home. I am flying over in September along, along with my brother and his wife from the USA to spend some time with our parents as we don't know who long mum will last. It is a very difficult time and I send you prayers and a big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Mrs. Santos, that you have to go through a time like this, but you are doing the right thing, and especially focusing on the scriptures - that is always a help! He promised to walk through the valley of the shadow of death with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...