July 03, 2012

Cancer

The edict has been given.

Mom has "glioblastoma multiforme WHO-4" cancer.  She has been "given" 3 months to live. Hospice care is at the ready to help in her last days.

All I can think of is Queen Esther.

She was also given an edict, an edict signed by the King.

And the letters were sent by posts into all the king's provinces, to destroy, to kill, and to cause to perish, all Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day, even upon the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month Adar, and to take the spoil of them for a prey. Esther 3:13
Her response was to fast and pray. It is a wonderful story if you have never heard of Queen Esther.  It has a happy ending.

Anyways, that is my response.  I am fasting and praying.  I wonder if you would join me? Would you consider fasting and praying for the healing of my Mom?, for God to move on her behalf, on our behalf?

I know that the Bible says:

"...to live is Christ, and to die is gain."  Mom is ready to face her Maker. We are thankful for the joy she will have in meeting Him.  But, I am also aware that God does Great and Mighty things today.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

If He is willing to heal her, He will. And so, while we still have her with us, I am praying for her healing.

But not my will, THY will be done, Lord.

9 comments:

  1. I was/am near tears as well as speechless as I read this news. In fact, I've never known your mother, but I am devastated! I'll pray, though right now, I'm having a hard time holding back the tears. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mara. You are a true friend. The Bible says that when one member suffers the whole body suffers. It is so comforting to have the Body of Christ at this time. Looking forward to rejoicing together too!

      Delete
  2. Oh Laura....there are do adequate words.....I am and will continue to pray for your mom and your family. I'm just so very sorry.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend. Thank you for your comment. I am going "home" again to be with Mom til the end.

      Delete
  3. So thankful for the peace that passes understanding ~ I'll be praying for you and your mom as God brings her to mind. Could I ask you to also pray for little Taylor, an 18mo girl just diagnosed with an inoperable tumor? She starts round one of chemo on Monday. Here's her mom's blog if you want to meet the family - such a tough time for them too. But God is good and faithful.

    http://lifeinthehallhousehold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie~ yes we will pray for little Taylor. I'll try and check out the blog too. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. I will be praying for the Lord's will in this situation. And for peace,we have not really know each other long but you and your mom have been on my heart the past few days. The Lord knows when we need another praying friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicia, for your prayers. I love how the Bible says "for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  5. Oh Mrs Santos! I'm so sorry! I am just getting caught up here, and now see this! My fiance's mom (wedding in August) just passed away in May of brain cancer...and between all that is happening and planning our wedding, I haven't kept up to date! Praying for you and your family with all my heart, for strength and peace and endurance, and the knowing that God does all things perfectly to restore everything to the way He will want it to be <3

    Romans 8:28

    and thank you for visiting my little blog too! Lucy is doing better and her last biopsy was negative for cancer! Halleluja!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...