June 25, 2012

Thoughts while waiting. (Updated in comments section)

Mom is in surgery.  Right before going in she seemed to be more alert and peaceful than ever.  We serve the God of ALL comfort.  The tumors, the hospital, the surgery, even the possible death of my mother has not been as difficult as getting along with others, (the others involved in this whole thing that is) 

It must be me. 

It's so easy to say "she's controlling" or "he's selfish."

I get offended, or overwhelmed, or angry.  Romans 2:1 says "Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things."

It is hard to acknowledge "yuckiness" in myself.  Especially, when I would rather point my finger  Amazing Grace that saved a wretch like me.  Thank God He is not only the author of my faith, but the finisher too.

Love is never more so than when it would be easier to hate.



I read this verse today, or at least  part of it.  "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear..." (Col 3:4)

who is our life? Really?

Is Christ my life? Seeing clearly that it is my own desires which makes up my life.


"Set your affection on things above and not on things on the earth."
Col 3:2


It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
Psalm 92:1-2


It's amazing how the slightest thing can separate you from the love of another person; a difference in opinion, a bad attitude, a word UNfitly spoken.  In an instant their love (at times, MY love) is cut off.

Nothing will ever separate me from the love of God.

The first thing God's love is: Long-suffering.  The second thing, Kind.

My aunts and uncles (and even strangers) keep pointing out the similarities between my mom and my oldest daughter. 
 Oh, how I wish I could sit with Mom and ask her "How do I raise this amazing girl?"

Why didn't I ask her before all of this?



This kid is a happy joy to me.  Oblivious to all the hard hearts around him, he just smiles and loves and shares...Thank you Noah, Thank you Lord


Naomi, growing up so fast. Such a tender little heart, easily broken and overwhelmed.

Trusting you Lord to watch over her.

6 comments:

  1. The pictures of the children are old, but, they are a few of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surgery was not as successful as we hoped. But as the saying goes, "It's not over until it's over." So far, so day by day. God is good. God is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will continue to pray for your mom. The Lord is good and He works everything for our good, even when we don't understand what's going on. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie. It is such a comfort to know that.

      Delete
  4. So sorry you are all going through this, Laura. The times of separation from your family, anxiety, fears, tensions, etc. What a blessing it is to have the hope of eternity to keep in mind at all times. And, yes, God is good all the time. Love you and am praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. Hope your family is well.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...