June 27, 2012

Still in California

Mom is doing better.  She is alive...no I mean ALIVE. Her mind is racing, her hands tapping; she keeps getting out of bed like she really wants to get going. Unfortunately, her body and her brain are holding her back.

But, it is exciting.  We keep drilling her on little things (numbers, names, colors, etc.)

The children are visiting Yosemite National Park with Mr. Santos.  The sunshine is my own therapy. I haven't enjoyed this many hot sunny days in a row in YEARS.  What a blessing.

We don't know what the future holds for Mom.  Today's Bible verse was Proverbs 27:1

"Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."

There you have it.

While I am typing I am humming "Leaning, Leaning, Leaning on the everlasting arms of Jesus."

Thank you for all your prayers. Keep 'em coming.  "I thank my God upon every rememberance of you."



5 comments:

  1. That's good news, Praise the Lord!!! I've been wondering about all of you, thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed the post below this one.....Now I understand things more completely.

    Keep trusting in the Lord, He is in control and holds you all in His hand... {{{Hug}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. B~ So glad to know that we are not going through this alone. Of course the Lord is with us, but the words and hugs and prayers of friends are so precious.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your mother is doing well. I have been out-of-town, but you have been on my mind. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...