June 19, 2012

June Daybook


Dreaming of silence, warmth, and calm, 

(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)



FOR TODAY

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Outside our window...

White roses climbing up, up, up.

I am thankful...


that Mr. Santos is feeling better.  His back is healing up, slowly, but surely.

I am wearing...

A denim skirt, cranberry red tee shirt and black flats.

From the kitchen..

Making rice pudding from last nights leftover rice. This is a favorite treat of Mr. Santos and the children.
I don't much care for it, but they love it and no rice is wasted.

I am learning...


To let my kids fail. Their failure helps them to learn.
I have been afraid of letting them fail because I thought it meant that I was failing.

Another revelation of the controlling pride in me.  God is so good and patient with me.

Would you believe that allowing them to fail has brought more peace to The Times?

A quote to share...


“Faith's most severe tests come not when we see nothing, but when we see a stunning array of evidence that seems to prove our faith vain.”
― Elisabeth Elliot, These Strange Ashes


“Of one thing I am perfectly sure: God's story never ends with 'ashes.”
― Elisabeth Elliot, These Strange Ashes

I am going to start reading this book.




I am creating...


Nothing. But I enjoy the creations of my children: drawings of horses, forts, poems and funny songs.

I am going...

to California next week.

I am remembering...

My mother.

I am reading...

Bible Bee verses and II Timothy. I read last week a novel call "The Last Sin Eater" by Francine Rivers.
It was a pretty good book.

I am praying...


That God would show himself GREAT and MIGHTY.

I want to see His "Bigness"

Around the house...

The children are playing The Josties CD really loud and singing along.  They are waiting...

The table is set for Tea.  Green tea with small slices of lemon cake.
I am headed for that table right after this post. Would you like to join us? There is plenty, especially for you.

Some of my favorite things...

Hearing my children memorize and recite scripture.

Fat and curious babies.

The ocean on a sunny day.

Reconciliation. When two angry people become friends again.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall see God.

roses.


A few plans for the month:

I leave next week to visit my mother.  She is suffering from an aggressive bout of dementia.  Will she know me when I see her?  Will this end in death or years of confusion?  Will she be healed?

Here is a picture thought to share...



My mom and me in 2010. I love you, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to read your daybook thoughts.

    I was unaware that Mr. Santos was suffering back pain. I pray that he is healing and doing better these days.

    How did the rice pudding turn-out? I think I tired that once, but was not very fond of it either.

    The photograph of you and your mother is lovely. I'm sorry to hear she is suffering. I pray that she will remember you when she sees you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...