May 18, 2012

May Daybook



(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)



FOR TODAY

Friday, May 18, 2012

Outside our window...

Onions popping up and small blossoms coming out in the strawberry patch.

I am thankful...


for time with my children and the way God is helping Mr. Santos and I to become more like-minded.

I am wearing...

a sweater and socks.  It is a bit chilly today, though I am hoping for SUNshine later today.

please, please, please come out sunshine.  I miss you.

From the kitchen...

toast and eggs with salsa and fresh fruit (strawberries and bananas) for breakfast

Lemon cupcakes made by Sophia ~ thank you my dear

Spaghetti and green salad for dinner

I am learning...


The root of my disobedience is that I believe

"my ways are higher than God's ways."

I don't know how I fall prey to this so often.  PRIDE.
 The Bible says that "there is a way that seems right unto a man but the end thereof is death." God's ways are higher than my ways.

Dear Lord,
Help me to lean not on my own understanding, but to acknowledge you in all my ways.
What do you want me to do today? What do you want me to say?
How can I serve you?

A quote to share...




"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman."

~Jesus Christ


I am creating...


Photo books from My Publisher.  They will be thank you gifts to my family in California who were so generous to us on our visit.

I am going...

to finish up my garden.  Lettuces, carrots and zinnias to plant.

I am remembering...

Playing Password with my family in California.

FUN!

I am reading...

II Kings and Luke in the Bible

and "Teddy's Button" with the children.  Teddy is such a sweet boy!

I am praying...


For healing...for so many...Lord, if you are willing you can make them whole.

Around the house...

puzzles!

Geo puzzles of the U.S.A. and the World, tangrams, and nano-blocks.





One of my favorite things...

lilacs





A few plans for the month:

Cook and clean and do laundry.  A mother/daughter Tea.  A wedding.

Also, a track meet for the kids.  At one of the next meets, I get to be the announcer! Yeah! I can't wait to get behind the microphone and play "Sportscaster"

 ~oOo~

"This is Mrs. Santos, coming to you live from the main sports event of the year! Noah is lined up to take his first jump. He lines up, he focuses, and he is off!  There he goes! Up into the sky! Wow! He must of jumped a mile!"

A tap on my shoulder, "Excuse me ma'am. Please stick to the program and read only from the script."

"Ahem, oh, yes, sorry."

Here are some picture thoughts to share...



Looks like a mile long jump to me!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and I are learning the same lesson - that God's ways are higher than our own ways. Early this morning, the Lord showed me things that were not pretty. It has truly humbled me.

    On a brighter note, I had to smile when you were imagining yourself as the sportscaster giving all those details about your son Noah, ha, ha! :) I'm sure you will have fun with that, though I can hardly picture you "shouting" into a microphone. :)

    Your lilac photo was lovely, and as usual, I enjoyed reading your daybook thoughts. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only because you haven't met me in REAL life. LOL. My local friends and family have NO problem imagining me shouting. he he. God bless you my friend. Hope you have a lovely day. Remember that "cleaning out closets" is a messy job. But God is making us clean and beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures of the grapes at the top. Have a wondeerful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for reminding me of a Teddy's Button, I haven't read it in years and my brother gave me a copy, so I really should read it again. I wish I could send you some our beauitful sunshine, it isn't very hot, nevertheless it's still lovely sitting in the sun soaking up the rays . The likes to join me so she can warm up too. Have a lovely week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing blog!
    Vist our new blog
    aprojectforteenmums.blogspot.com
    Don't be afraid to comment and share!
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy grapes!
    LOVELY lilacs! They are one of my favorite flowers; and so are Zinnias! We are planting ours today!
    How fun that the Santos children have a track club in which to test their skills of strength, speed, and agility...apparently, that young man can JUMP TO THE SKY! Looks like a mile long to me, too! ::wink::

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...