May 24, 2012

It's been a while

I haven't been the best blogger lately.

Sorry.

I can't believe it is already the end of May.  At the same time, what? It's only May?

This has been a very VERY long year. Yet it has also been just the blink of an eye.

What do you blog about when God is revealing more and more of Himself to you, but it means that He can no longer fit in the boxes you have created for Him?

It's not comfortable.

I didn't even know I had a bunch of boxes to fit my God in, that is, until everything started spilling out of them.  Hmm.  It's either stay "comfortable" or get rid of the "boxes" and allow God to reveal Himself.

"Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God."  I want to see God. Don't you?

I don't want to lean on my own understanding. I want to acknowledge Him in all my ways.

"The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts."

So, it's been a little HOT over here as my Lord has "trieth" my heart.

Maybe someday I will be able to put it into words. I hope. I don't want to forget.  But for now all I can do is  "Be still and know that God is God," and blog about the happy events at The Santos Times.

In addition to being HOT, it has also been messy.  But, as a friend has said many times, "in order to clean out the closet, you have to make a mess first."  All the junk has to come out, right?  God says to "put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth."   What better way than to see it for what it is, take a hold of it and put it OFF. I like the way Oswald Chambers puts it:

"Many of us prefer to stay at the threshold of the Christian life instead of going on to construct a soul in accordance with the new life God has put within. We fail because we are ignorant of the way we are made, we put things down to the devil instead of our own undisciplined natures. Think what we can be when we are roused!

There are certain things we must not pray about – moods, for instance. Moods never go by praying, moods go by kicking. A mood nearly always has its seat in the physical condition, not in the moral. It is a continual effort not to listen to the moods which arise from a physical condition, never submit to them for a second. We have to take ourselves by the scruff of the neck and shake ourselves, and we will find that we can do what we said we could not. The curse with most of us is that we won’t. The Christian life is one of incarnate spiritual pluck.

So that's why The Santos Times has been a little slow and quiet the last few weeks.  Hot and messy.

God is good. He is always Good. I am so thankful He never gives up on us, on me, on my children, on this crazy little Santos family.

5 comments:

  1. Prayers for you as you enter into this season of Springtime "pruning" with God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy~ God bless you and and your family.Your happy thankfulness is always an inspiration to me.

      Delete
  2. My year has been buzzing by so fast I wish it would slow down . It's hard to believe that it will be winter next week but in a blink of an eye it will suddenly be Spring. Sometimes I wonder where my year is going . But I really want October to arrive as my brother and his wife are coming from the USA and I so looking forward to seeing them. They come so rarely that each visit is precious.

    Blessings from my side of the world to yours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! What a great thing to look forward to. I would be just the same, anxious for October! Loves,

      Delete
  3. Hang in there, your friend is right, it is often 'messy' before it gets better.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...