May 29, 2012

A fabulous weekend!

Weekend in review and not a picture to show for it.  Shame on me!

~Friday Night~

Josties Concert, and a walk along the beach of Fort Worden State Park at sunset.  The lighting was perfect. The children looked like little golden fairies dancing near the water. It was so beautiful! I thank God for giving us the ability to REMEMBER, like photos for our soul.


"How strange this fear of death is! We are never frightened at a sunset."
~George McDonald
~Saturday~

The girls and I attended a Mother~Daughter Tea. We hosted a table providing the decorations and dessert. It was a great afternoon full of friends, corn chowder (the best I have ever tasted), almond tart, pink roses, and an edifying devotional by a lovely Grandmother.

I have been moving my beautiful and fragrant roses all over the Santos Cottage.  I put them on my dresser at bedtime, on the dining room table during the day and on the piano in the evening.  It has been a few days so they are beginning to wilt, but the soft rose scent lingers everywhere.

~Sunday~

Sophia played her violin in church, "Come thou fount" with a piano accompaniment.  We were so proud of her and the message was so edifying.  We are beginning a study on the book of John.

A family took the children home with them because Mr. Santos and I left church early to attend a wedding.  It was fun to get all dressed up and go on a date with him.  I don't think we have done that more than twice since the children were born.  Mr. Santos wore a very handsome black suit and silver tie. (just between us he was more than handsome, sizzlingly so) I wore high heeled shoes and pearls with a new dress that had the  best twirl to it.

Such fun!
~Monday~

Mr. Santos had the day off for Memorial Day.  I called my favorite soldier (Hi Don!) Then it was a morning of tramping down the aisles of Lowe's gathering this and that for a small garden project.  The children and I wandered in and out of the barns for sale as they dreamed of club houses and secret hideouts. We then spent the afternoon digging and building and planting.  Later, I found a lone steak in the freezer and along with some nitrate free hot dogs we grilled our food over the fire pit.  I threw together a green salad and some leftover strawberries and it turned out to be a great picnic.

Well into the night we grilled corn on the cob over the "still-hot" coals and Mr. Santos gave me a present of a caramel chocolate bar. I don't know what has gotten into the man, but I could get used to being treated to dates out and chocolate!  Of course, I can't enjoy chocolate with three sets of brown-eyes staring at me, so we broke it up and shared.  A happy day, full of God's grace and blessing.

~The best of all ~

But the best of the entire weekend came to me in special words to my soul from my Great Lord Jesus.  When we attended the concert Friday night, the mother of the band said, "Life in Christ is about becoming more and more dependent on Him."

"But without faith it is impossible to please him:" Hebrews 11:6a

At the Mother~daughter Tea, the speaker asked us, "How near do you want to be to Jesus?" 

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."  Luke 9:23-24

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pitchers of silver.  These words, though I have heard and contemplated them before were so perfect.  They seemed to gather up all the months of hard things I have been experiencing and gave me the answer to my "problems."  I was greatly encouraged.

Thank you Lord, for a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy-but-fun weekend!

    Yay Sophia! I love hearing about children edifying others with their God-given musical talents. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Santos,

    It's me again! Just stopping in to say that, once again, God has used your blog in my life. Last night I was wrestling with some decisions I need to make right away regarding my future (it looks like God might be taking me to live in Africa!) and when I read the last section about the best part of your weekend it was like God was speaking directly to my heart.

    "Let me take you to a place where you will become more dependent on Me and grow closer to Me. These words I have been impressing upon your heart since you were a child: 'If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.' Heed the words and follow Me."

    As soon as I was done reading your post an email came in from my best friend who lives on the opposite end of the country. She told me she was thinking of me and a verse kept coming to mind. Guess which verse it was? Yup. Luke 9:23-24! I'm so thankful for the way God uses His Word to speak to us. Thank you for living out and sharing your faith, Mrs. Santos. You are a blessing to me.

    With joy,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! God bless you Stacey. I will be praying for you as you continue to seek first the Kingdom of God. Thank you for letting me know that this blog has been a blessing. It encourages me GREATly.

      "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

      I know that God will use you in a mighty way. Loves,

      Delete
  3. I can just imagine you twirling!! I also love to twirl, makes me feel very young:)

    My husband and I are going on a dinner date this Friday and we are both very excited (dinner and movie). Even though our children are all grown up we don't go out very often, something we should start to do more often. I am so looking forward to it.

    I am always a little nervous watching my children perform, in case they make a mistake - I so want them to get it perfect and know how disappointed they will be if they don't.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...