April 11, 2012

Root Canal?

I have a little health story that may be of help to a reader of the Times.

Several months ago I was feeling sick.  I couldn't put my finger on any symptoms. I just felt like I was getting weaker and weaker and that soon I would die.  I remember picking strawberries in the summer and feeling so TIRED. I was eating right. I was getting good nutrition in the form of supplements. I was not working too hard.  But in my soul (and I told no one about this - not even Mr. Santos) I felt like I was dying.  I knew there was something wrong, but I didn't know what.

I prayed about it daily.

Then one day I went to the dentist because of pain in my mouth. It had been some time since I had been to the dentist.  Several years without insurance and unemployment made visiting the dentist a low priority.

It turned out that a root canal I had many many years before was infected.  The dentist said that it had probably been infected for several years as the tooth looked like mush under the surface.  We made an appointment to have the whole tooth removed.

A gentle assurance came over me that this was the source of my weakening state.  My heart and liver was failing because of this ongoing infection.  This confidence came through prayer and was later confirmed through research.

The surgery to remove the tooth was very difficult for me.  My body was weak and vulnerable.  I remember the pulling and tugging.  The surgeon seeing my free flowing tears as he yanked and cut away impatiently said, "You need to toughen up.  This is not that bad.  You're going to be fine."

Yes, I was going to be fine.  In fact it was only two or three days later and my body felt completely different.  It was as if my batteries were charged again.  I started to increase my nutrition intake and especially different herbs and tinctures for cleansing the blood.  My health has started to improve.  Just a little research revealed the dangers and devastating effects root canal's have on the body.  It is almost a guarantee you will have health problems after this procedure.  The only thing that will slow the degeneration of your health is a strong immune system.

Confirmation of these facts came again with our Sophia.  She had been looking quite bad for a couple weeks with red bags under her eyes almost every day, itchy skin, difficulty breathing and occasional chest pains.  These are symptoms she has had off and on her whole life. They are the symptoms of Allergies and Asthma. When we started taking Body Balance, a nutritional supplement, these were all but eliminated.  They would reappear only if there was a virus circulating.  

But, here she was, suffering.  The symptoms were back with a vengeance.  We decided to make an appointment with the Naturopathic Doctor.

Two days before our appointment, Sophia came and said, "Mom, that loose tooth I have feels yucky underneath."  One of her baby molar's was loose and ready to fall out.  Apparently, under the pretty white surface it was rotten and infected! Flashbacks of my root canal came back.  "Let's get that tooth out NOW!"  We wiggled and yanked and out it came that night.

Her symptoms began to subside without any other changes.  Since then we have seen the Naturopath and learned  more about teeth and infections and allergies.  Sophia is also taking specific nutrients to boost her immune system to restore good health.

It is my hope that our story will encourage you to do research before having a root canal done.  I would also like to encourage you to consider that many health problems could be the result of existing root canals or tooth decay.  Good nutrition and boosting your immune system is essential.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Santos,

    Glad U made it through :)

    I like using baking soda to brush my teeth. About 10 years ago I had a cavity right in front, had it drilled and filled with white porcelain filling. Over time the filling slowly began chipping away. I had heard that eventually it would have to be redone. A couple of years ago I began using baking soda instead of toothpaste. A few months ago I thought about that filling (hadn't paid attention to it) so I examined it closely in the mirror to find that my own tooth enamel had grown over it. When I look closely it looks like that tooth has a crack inside of it, but that is where the fake enamel has been encapsulated into my own enamel. My mouth is healthier than it has ever been! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan~ Thanks for your comment. We have been using Tom's toothpaste. I was wanting to make my own toothpaste with baking soda, but haven't gotten around to it. I love your story of your own enamel growing. Some dentists say that is impossible. I believe, however, that when you give your body what it needs then it will heal itself. What a great testimony and encouragement.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...