April 24, 2012

It is not in vain

I have three jobs, three very difficult jobs. At least for me they are difficult. While my jobs have brought me joy and satisfaction, I have struggled,

STRUGGLED I tell you!

My jobs: Wife, Mother, Homemaker.

Part of my struggle, I think, comes in not having been trained.  Growing up, for me, was survival rather than preparing.  But God, in His Mercy is always preparing.  Through the years, He has given me a vision.  Working all things together for good, He has allowed me to see a bigger picture.

As the homemaker, I set the "temperature" of my home.

As the wife, I help Mr. Santos to accomplish all that God wants him to do and be.

As the mother, I create and shape future generations.

There it is before me. Instead of just the pebbles at my feet, I can see the great grand mountains.

But rather than rejoice in the magnificence of it all, I cower in fear.  I can't do it! It is too high and lofty. Pride and selfishness rush in. I would rather be a carefree single person, doing and going wherever I pleased.  Mountain climbing is hard, and tiring and these mountains, especially, seem impossible to climb.

google image of Yosemite


What an impossibility to set the temperature in my home for kindness or patience or joy when the children are bickering and ungrateful.

It's a treacherous hike uphill to help Mr. Santos when he wants to lead the family where I don't want to go.

Narrow and steep is the path of being a mother, when lessons have to be repeated a zillion times and it seems like nothing I do or say is being heard.

Self sits on the throne of my life and starts issuing decrees.

"We don't have time for all this nonsense! This mess is too big, I don't have time to deal with it! If we do that, then we won't have any time to do this!"

Is Time my problem?

No. The throne of my life.

That is where the real struggle is. Whose life is this anyway?

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Thank God for His Word, His voice that comes and says, "Self, get off the throne. Let me sit there and tell you the Truth. I am the Truth."

"Be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Cor 4:17-18

God is the one who has called me. "For (I am) his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that (I) should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Colossians 3:23


google image



But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 2 Thess 3:13

1 comment:

  1. Hi. thought you might like my friend's blog. Especially her almond flour and almond milk recipes... http://junienone.blogspot.com/. Anyway, great post. Love you and miss you. Do you have a cell phone? We don't have very many "landline" minutes. Call us from your cell, if you can. Want to talk. C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...