April 05, 2012

Tea Time


I am having...

Peppermint Tea

I am feeling...

Defeated. Not one single thing has gone well or as planned today.  On the other hand, I am curious. I believe that God is in control of every detail of my life.  Is He trying to get my attention?  He has it.

On my mind...

Nothing except the question "What next?"

A video to share...
Here are the words to this song:

Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E'en though it be a cross that raiseth me;
Still all my song would be nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I'd be nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

There let the way appear steps unto heav'n;
All that Thou sendest me in mercy giv'n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

The with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I'll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

Or if on joyful wing, cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upwards I fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 








Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. So glad we got to share our tea and our joy of the day. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how many times I fell the same, Laura! I'm blessed to see your honesty. But for sure it's a momentary feeling that will soon pass. We're blessed to have His loving assurance that His love is steadfast no matter what. Thanks for sharing the song and the music. My heart is longing to be closer to Him especially these days.

    Love and prayers,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came back to greet you on Easter Sunday. May you have a beautiful celebration.

      I also saw a typo in my original comment. It should be "feel" not "fell".I'm sure you got it :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ruth. Happy Easter! We had a baptism at our church service. 13 people were baptized and it was a nice celebration of the Resurrection.

      Delete
  3. nice post...looking for to visit more...nice blog too...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words.

    Mr. Decor and I will celebrate 14 years this Wednesday. :)

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy Anniversary! to you also.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...