April 16, 2012

April Daybook



(click on the picture above for more daybook fun)
I don't have a link to who created this photo. Found it via google images a couple years ago.

FOR TODAY

Monday, April 16, 2012

Outside our window...

rain, clouds, sunshine, dandelions popping out of the grass, A lonely chicken roosting on a branch.

I am thankful...


for God's Word and friends who share it boldly.

Like a strong arm to save me from slipping headlong

I am wearing...

The sleeves on my denim shirt rolled to the elbows since I have been working, working, working today.

From the kitchen...

Lots of raw snacks - carrots, tomatoes, cashews, almonds, apples, etc.

Tacos for dinner tonight, our Number one go to meal.

Salsa always pleases.

I am learning...


there are things I want to do and there are things that others want me to do, but what is best is what God wants me to do.

Sometimes he wants me to do impossible things.  I protest with "I can't"  He corrects me with "Yes, but I can."  If I only did what I was capable of doing, why would I need such a GREAT and MIGHTY God?

A quote to share...


"The most important things in your home are people."
~ Amish Proverb

from my friend Mara's blog.

I am creating...


A KILLER!

I tried this Killer out today.  It worked!

 Today, the enemy had attached itself to a slouchy, grouchy, grumpy, slumpy, seven year old boy.

We faced off and circled one another, our eyes locking.  I pulled my hands out of my pockets and pointed them like guns to the bad attitude.  I wiggled my fingers and said,

"Noah, George the Killer is about to attack that bad attitude of yours.  It's either Him or George. Only one can win.  If George wins, we all win.  If your bad attitude wins then He's going to take your favorite toy for the day and put you on your bed as a prisoner.  He may even get your mother to spank you.  We can't let him win.  Help George! Kill the bad attitude."

I begin shooting! Then tickling! Then shouting above the giggles "Kill! Noah! Kill! Kill that Bad attitude!"

In the end we sigh heavily from all the laughing and giggles.  Bad Attitude is long gone, and we live happily ever after.  (until sister snatched his cracker away from him)

I am going...

to organize my pots and pans for the six millionth time.  I need another cupboard.  Actually, I don't NEED another cupboard. I have been surviving fine without it for a few years now.  It would be nice, though.

I am remembering...

It is my niece's birthday today.

Happy Birthday Sweet Sarah!

I am reading...

my Bible and some "Natural Living" magazines for fun.


I am praying...


Mr. Santos and I can become more like-minded in some things.

Do you know one definition for "Meet"?  To come together from opposite directions.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; 
I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18

Around the house...

daffodils in several vases.  How lovely and fragrant and pleasant.

One of my favorite things...

Quiet.

A few plans for the week:

Remember that God is in control.

Take time to pray and be still.

Cooking class, Violin class, Track and Field practice, Orchestra practice. It's not as busy as it sounds, but it does mean that I have to use my time wisely and productively.


Here are some picture thoughts to share...


Sophia snapped some pictures of us after a "family" date night.
Even though they are a bit fuzzy, they bring back fun memories.





5 comments:

  1. love love love the pictures. That's what I like seeing! More please!!! Love you guys. Miss you tons.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the pictures. We miss you too. Wally looks exACTly like you when you were a baby. So punkin pie!

      Delete
  2. there are things I want to do and there are things that others want me to do, but what is best is what God wants me to do.

    Amen and amen! I may need to cross stitch this : )
    I also love "George the Killer". Once when my daughter was very young, she spilled a glass of Kool-Aid in the living room. She looked at me and said, "What are you going to do?" I replied, "There is only one solution. I will have to kill you." And then she broke into a beautiful smile and I did too, because what is a simple cup of Kool-Aid between a mother and daughter.
    I hope you have a blessed day : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie~ You cross stitch? How nice. I love it, but just don't make time to do such beautiful crafts. Later in the day I asked the kids what they wanted to do for fun and Noah said "I want to play Kill the Attitude!" LOL

      Delete
  3. I love the photos of you both , what wonderful smiles you are both wearing. Love reading you day books and hearing what you have been up to:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...