March 28, 2012

Wondering Wednesday

I wonder...

What I should give my oldest daughter for her birthday? She will be 11 this weekend. 
I want to give her the world.

I wonder...

How and where I lost my camera? I don't think Mr. Santos will let me get another.

I wonder...

How my family is doing? I have a nephew I have never met (on Mr. Santos' side), My aunt is recovering from a stroke, I haven't talked to my uncles since Christmas and of course my mom and Don and sisters and their families...Everyone so far away.  
With all the technology it is still time and face to face that truly brings people together.

I wonder...

If I should buy the new furniture I want...or not?  I keep thinking of  the verse "I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

But then I look at my worn, tattered furniture and the verse flies out the window.  Temptations always around every corner. Lord, help me to do YOUR will.

I wonder...

What Mr. Santos would like for dinner tonight? Fish tacos? Yes, that is what I will make.

I wonder...

How my garden will fare this year?  I plan on putting most of my flowers in pots this year. Last year they were smothered out by all the pumpkin vines.

I wonder...

When the daffodils at the farm will finally bloom?  

I wonder...

How Easter Sunday will be? The girls - My girls, Sophia and Naomi - are going to be baptized that day. I just don't know what to think or do about this. I think I will give them a small gift to commemorate the day.

I wonder...

What sort of gift would be good? Maybe a piece of jewelry or a handkerchief? Any ideas?

I wonder...

So often about my purpose.  What am I doing with my life? Am I making any difference in the world? Does my life glorify God?  Am I doing what He created me for?

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, 
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

I wonder...

If these children I have been entrusted with are being schooled properly?
Loved enough?

I wonder...

Why there is so much division in the church?  People are sinners.  People are unique.  
Why can't we just get along? 

I wonder...

Does anyone read this blog?

I wonder...

What are you wondering about?

8 comments:

  1. You certainly seem to have much your mind. I am the same way. I'm just not sharing all those "crazy thoughts" on my blog.

    Just so you know, I am always reading your blog, even though I don't comment on every single post.

    Blessings!


    P.S. I love your new blog look. It's very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what are you saying Mara? My thoughts are "Crazy?" LOL. Just kidding.

    I'm always reading your blog too, even though I don't comment on every single post. You're my good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder about lots of things to - I think it is habit of women. I wonder when my son will find employment - I might be wondering for a while there. I often wonder about the weather as it can be difficult to know what to wear at the moment!!

    I like to hear about hear about what other people are thinking about - it shows that we are all very much the same!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joluise~ I always wonder about the weather too. Today has started out with sunshine and diamonds hanging on the branches because of the heavy rains. But, later today the clouds will be back with more rain.

      Delete
  4. Dear Mrs. Santos,
    I discovered your blog about a year and a half ago. I have never felt compelled to leave a comment but today I think I must. You see, I am a woman who is waiting on the Lord and asking Him to provide me with a husband, and bless me with children. I have spent (probably too many) hours daydreaming about the kind of wife and mother I hope to be and must admit that I have been encouraged, challenged and inspired by your words here on your blog. Thank you for sharing not only your triumphs but also your struggles. I appreciate the way you use good china for your family and create simple, wholesome food for them. I like that you see beauty in nature and instill creativity and imagination in your children. I am encouraged by the way you submit to and care for your husband (although, I imagine it's not always easy and requires a lot of submitting to the Lord, as well.). We may not know each other but simply by sharing your life here on your blog God is using you to shape me for the future. Bible verses and stories you have posted have both convicted and uplifted me. So, thank you, dear sister. Thank you for sharing. God is using you. Be encouraged.
    Most sincerely,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Stacey~ I am encouraged! Thank you so much for your comment. I can't begin to tell you how blessed I was. The children were so curious, "Mom, why are you smiling so big?"

      I will be praying for you and also asking that God would provide for you a husband and children. Also praying that you would continue in the good works He has prepared for you until then. God bless you good today. You are in my heart and you have made me so happy.

      Delete
  5. Wow Stacey, Praise God for your kind words to Mrs. Santos! Thank you, because you also blessed me! I will also pray that you will receive your heart's desire soon.

    To Mrs. Santos, get Sophia a trip to California to stay with Auntie Cheri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....what a *lovely* comment Stacey left for you. Rest assured, dear Laura, you are definitely an encouragement. I can relate though, I sometimes wonder if anyone is reading my posts....

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...