March 22, 2012

Tea Time


I am having...

Mandarin Orange Green Tea

(and a small handful of chocolate chips)

I am feeling...

Disorganized. Mr. Santos has been home for a few days and it throws me totally off schedule.  I am also feeling happy.

On my mind...

My family. I love them. I think about them all the time. I miss them.

Tonight, just the Santos five watched a bunch of our favorite performances on the internet.  Some piano/cello concerts, some flamenco guitar, some Cuban favorites.  It was a very enjoyable and peaceful evening at home.



A quote to share...


“Christ is building His kingdom with earth's broken things. Men want only the strong, the successful, the victorious, the unbroken, in building their kingdoms; but God is the God of the unsuccessful, of those who have failed. Heaven is filling with earth's broken lives, and there is no bruised reed that Christ cannot take and restore to glorious blessedness and beauty. He can take the life crushed by pain or sorrow and make it into a harp whose music shall be all praise. He can lift earth's saddest failure up to heaven's glory.”

― J.R. Miller





Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

7 comments:

  1. What an unusual tea - does it taste like orange? And what a wonderful verse - thankyou for sharing.

    I'm off to have a cup of Jasmine tea and I think I will have it with a little caramel chocolate egg that I bought today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo~ Yes, it does taste like orange, but not too strongly. Jasmine, as you know, is my favorite. When you come over (he he) I'll be sure to serve that for you. Feel free to bring more chocolate!

      Delete
  2. I *loved* the quote you shared. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michele~ Isn't it a great quote? I was so encouraged by it. It is easy to forget that God's ways are higher than our ways.

      Delete
  3. I really do love that quote. It really encouraged me today. His wisdom is beyond my comprehension. But that is a comforting thought, too!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A handful of chocolate chips make everything better!

    Husbands always seem to disrupt schedules it seems ....

    Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooooove orange and chocolate together! In fact, once, someone gave me a chocolate orange! Have you ever indulged in this tasty treat? It comes in a foil wrap and looks like an orange made of chocolate..and it TASTES like that too! YUM!
    Your evening family time sounds so nice:)
    I thank you for the quote! It was very timely for me.
    I truly enjoy JR Miller's writings...very wise man, he.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...