March 15, 2012

Tea Time and then off to the Laundromat


I am having...

Green tea with a bowl of hot oatmeal.

I'm using my new cup and saucer given as a gift from my Secret Sister.
I like it because it is BIG and holds a lot of tea.


I am feeling...

Amused.  I had several dreams last night about some issues that were weighing heavily on my heart.
In my dreams, everything was "working out" (as only in the dream world they can) but in such a comical way. In fact, I woke myself up with laughing.  I am amused because I see those dreams as a little gift from my Heavenly Father.  He is teaching me to trust him and to give him all my fears and worries.

On my mind...

The heavy rain today.  We are going to the laundry with a big load of every blanket, pillow and sheet in the house.  I was not looking forward to getting in and out of the rain (and mud) with my laundry.
But God, in His Mercy, has allowed the rain to let up.  I better get moving!

He is so kind to me.

The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, 
And saves such as have a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18



A quote to share...

"The more we come to our heavenly position the more we find it impossible to allow man-made systems, which divide believers into groups, to operate and govern our lives." T. Austin-Sparks



Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful quote. How true that is if we could help that happen. Joy is contagious. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! What an elegant picture!!!! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you made it to the laundry shop while the skies were dry!

    I share your love of BIG cups!

    So nice to be having tea with you at Ruth's:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams are special part of my spiritual growth, Laura, and I can relate to your experience. I had dreams like that where I woke up tickled and giggling. Isn't He such a Sweet Dad to do that? He knows how to minister to us in many special ways. But oh, it's been a while since I had my last amusing dream....He's got a new way to my heart. Thank you for letting Him use you this time. I'm deeply blessed.

    Hugs to you and to your willing little helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dreams like that! (And your big cup sounds very nice, too--I love a BIG cup of tea.)

    Your verse in Psalms ministered to my heart this morning; thank you for sharing it!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I dislike going to the laundermat ... of course, if I have something good to read with me, it isn't so bad.

    I was amused by the quote you shared - is it saying the closer we are to God, the less denominations there will be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say I enjoy the laundromat that much either, although we do have a nice view of the water. Plus, it was so nice to have all the beds smell so fresh. That made it worth it.

    Yes, I guess that is one way the quote can go. But sometimes we have our own prejudices about other Christians that keep us separated. The more we know God, the more we become like him, the more grace we give others...not fearful of our differences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thought of you with your washing in the mud wasn't a happy thought so I hope it all went well and you were mud free!!

    That is a very true quote - we do look at other Christians and place them into other groups, often "they aren't as good as me" group!! Wise words

    Have a lovely weekend with your family:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...