March 06, 2012

A Beautiful Day!



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Outside our window...

Bright sunshine and Snow melting off the tall pines.

Yesterday was a bright Spring-like day. The children played all day outside. It was quite a surprise to wake up to snow this morning.  It will melt by this afternoon.

I am thankful...


for the sunshine. It's happy reflection off the snow brightens this little cottage.

I am wearing...

Light blue cotton pants with a matching t-shirt and a thick navy sweater. These are my "pj's".  I have messy chores and exercising on the to do list.  Plus, they are so cozy on this quiet day at home.

From the kitchen...

I burned breakfast.  Thankfully, we weren't in a hurry, so I just dumped it out and started over.

But I did feel bad for wasting food because I was distracted with other things.

eggs, ham and havarti on a croissant with orange wedges and tea.

Sophia said about such a breakfast, "Is it someone's birthday?"

I am learning...


that the flesh will always want to be pleased and it just gets worse as I get older.  As long as I am breathing I will crave the foods I shouldn't eat, want to stay in bed on a cold day, etc.  I cannot think that one day this body will not want to be pleased because I have arrived spiritually.  That will only happen when I see Jesus and He changes me.

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.  You have a body. ~ C.S. Lewis

A quote to share...


"The realm of God is not going to be refined self, reformed self, or any kind of patching up of self. It is going to be none of self, and ALL of Christ." - T. Austin-Sparks


I am creating...


A blog post about Pinocchio

I am going...

to drop off our library books today

I am remembering...

The flirtatious call I got from Mr. Santos yesterday.

Spring was in the air, I guess.  I am still smiling from his remarks.

I am reading...

This and that with the children, my Bible, The Family by J.R. Miller, and my favorite blogs.

I am hoping...


for healing. (still)  God knows the details.


Around the house...

Bright sunshine illuminating all the dust.  The vacuum ready to suck up winter cobwebs.  A stack of pots and pans in the dining room.  They have been removed from the cupboard to make way for a mouse trap. YIKES!

One of my favorite things...

A good laugh...the kind that brings tears.

Evidence that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

A few plans for the week:

Ice Skating!
1st Violin Concert!
Ladies Bible Study! (one of my favorite monthly events)

Hugs and kisses all around for the Santos Times.

The recent tornadoes another reminder that life (and it's simple pleasures and predictability) is short.

Here is a picture thought to share...





A picture Sophia took in our back yard.  Snow melting on the pines this morning.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Santos,

    What a lovely blog entry :D and your daughter Sophia has a good eye for taking beautiful pictures! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to say "Thank You" for visiting my blog! I love Maru too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Daybooks are always such fun to read...I love the insights people share in them.

    Your daughter took a *lovely* photo and I smiled about your flirtatious call from Mr. Santos. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tornadoes? I wasn't aware there were tornadoes where you lived! :|

    Don't worry about the breakfast. I made pancakes for my husband this morning, and I had to literally re-due one of them because I messed-up, ugh! It's very frustrating, indeed!


    I couldn't help but smile when you mentioned that Mr. Santos was being flirtatious. :)

    Great daybook entry to read, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara~ No, thank God there are no tornadoes where we live. But the fact that they happened and so many lives were lost or affected in just a moment makes me realize that time is short.

      Aren't pancakes difficult? I do NOT like making them. I prefer french toast. lol Have a good day.

      Delete
  5. Catching up a bit with the Santos ~ lovely, thoughtful posts as usual.

    I like Sophia's photo too ~ the snow is such a contrast with that non-wintry sky!

    I hope you find your camera soon ~ Did you leave it in a coat pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie~ I looked in my coat pockets, but I did NOT look in my husband's pockets. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...