March 24, 2012

Again?! Please Stop Growing!




No sunshine today, grey rainless clouds again, but today is Naomi's birthday! So, out comes the new tablecloth, a happy sea foam green with big, bold, fuchsia hydrangeas.

A bouncy balloon is tied to the happy nine-year old's chair. The table is set with breakfast:  A pot of coffee for Mr. Santos, A pot of tea for me, roasted potatoes, golden yellow scrambled eggs (the last of Penny's), hot steaming beans seasoned with garlic and cumin, warm tortillas and buttered toast, wedges of sweet oranges and crunchy apples.

The blackboard is divided into four cheerful squares, a message from one member of the Times lovingly shared in each one.

A prayer of Thanksgiving is offered for our middle skittle, Naomi, a.k.a., Naomi Baloney.

Mom and Dad are the only ones who eat.  Naomi is busy opening all the handmade cards, many of which have secret messages to decipher - no time for food.  Noah and Sophia are busy with, "What does is say? or "Guess what it means!"  Giggles, Wow!, Cool!

Presents!

A coveted bandana from brother.

A finger puppet kit from sister.

A yodeling, talking, singing "Jessie" doll  (Toy Story) from Mom and Dad. (some coloring books thrown in for good measure)

Yippees! all around, then they are off to play:

Naomi to yodel and skip with "Jessie", Noah to bounce and jump with the balloon, Sophia to color in the books.

I am glad to see their childlike innocence is still to be enjoyed.  So often these days, children much younger are bored with toys that require imagination.

Thankful, so thankful for this little family.


Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate. 
Psalm 127:3-5


For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 
Psalm 139:13-14



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Naomi!
    Such a lovely and wonderful post to fill my heart with JOY after a very difficult day.
    THANK YOU for sharing a glimpse into your family's birthday JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that Naomi had such a wonderful day! I love that little girl. :) ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you too! Your comment went to my spam box. I am so glad I checked it before I hit delete. God bless you!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you had a difficult day, Judy. Glad you could stop by and God bless you good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...