February 07, 2012

Thankful Tuesday



I am thankful ~  

For the many days of sunshine we have enjoyed lately.

I am thankful ~ 

That our neighbor boy will be alright.  Standing behind the target (why oh why?) He was struck in the eye with an arrow from Noah's bow. Yes, Noah was the shooter. Poor boy. Noah was sure that he had killed him and that the world had ended. We are thankful that after many exams and a quick laser surgery, our neighbor is fine.

I am thankful ~ 

For my children. There are days when I would like to ship them all off to El Salvador.  Mr. Santos is welcome to go with them.  But, my oh my, God teaches me so much through them.  What a wonderful parent God the Father is to me, so patient, so willing to forgive.  If I could only do for my children what my Father in heaven does for me!

I am thankful ~ 

For Mr. Santos.  It's been so many years together and yet we still struggle to find our stride.  Something always comes up to throw us off balance, as if we are running in a blindfolded three-legged race.  But I am thankful that we are still connected...determined to figure it out.  I have a feeling we would do it sooner if I was a better follower and not always so eager to lead.  

I am thankful ~ 

For my little cottage.  I enjoy being here, especially when the floors are vacuumed and the pillows are straightened.  The table has a fresh tablecloth and the windows are washed.  Everything is in it's place and the children are running around outside laughing.  

I am thankful ~ 

For God's provision.  We always have food to eat, and not just food, but, good food.  Pleasant and healthy food.  We have heat when it is cold.  We enjoy a breeze when it is hot.  We have a solid roof when it rains.  We have running water, indoor plumbing, electricity, transportation and even access to the world via the internet.  At night, my children snuggle under warm blankets and we do not fear police or war or  criminals to attack us.  God has provided mightily for us!

I am thankful ~ 

For friends.  How rich life is with friends! A shoulder to cry on, a help in time of need, a source of laughter, fun, wisdom.  Friends make life so full.

I am thankful ~ 

For my family.  Sisters, Mother, Don, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, Grandma, In-laws, Nieces, Nephews.  I am just one little branch of a very large tree, each of us bearing fruit.  It is my prayer that we would grow fruit that blesses, that feeds, that honors the Lord.

I am thankful ~ 

For blogging.  Without it, I think the last three years of my life would have gone by with no recordings.  I am so glad to go back to earlier posts and laugh or wonder or remember what was going on at The Times.  I am thankful for you and your comments that make it so much more wonderful.

I am thankful ~ 

For so much more...

4 comments:

  1. You certainly have many things to be thankful for. I couldn't help but laugh when you mentioned about Mr. Santos joining the children in El Savador, ha, ha! But seriously, I don't think any of them would like that - not even you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do have a lot to be thankful for! No, I would have to move to El Salvador eventually to join them because I would miss them so much. I love your little bouquet of flowers on your profile picture - just my style.

      Delete
  2. Oh those poor boys! Everyone must have been so frightened and upset! I'm so glad your neighbor will be ok! You have much to be thankful for and I'm so glad to visit your blog and share in your blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! We are thankful. Have you gotten any snow out your way yet?

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...