February 19, 2012

Sunday musings



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Outside our window...

Biscuit and Penny (our pet chickens) are digging to China

I am thankful...


for a quiet day of rest.
for an edifying message at church.

for the hymn "Be thou my vision." ~ my favorite.

I am wearing...

A beige knee length skirt with great big pockets! (love pockets) an ivory colored turtle-neck sweater and a cranberry red scarf to match my cranberry red shoes.

From the kitchen...

Homemade chicken and dumpling soup...very satisfying.

Hot tea and cookies.

I am learning...


That the more I get to know God, through Jesus Christ, the bigger He becomes.  The bigger He becomes, the more insignificant I become.  The less significant I become, the easier it is to obey Him.  The more I obey Him, the more wonderful life becomes...the more ABUNDANT it becomes, and yet...

the more persecution there is.

I am creating...


I DID create (yesterday)...The girls and I, little bouquets for the ladies and girls at church.  Each bouquet had a note attached, "We thank God upon every remembrance of you."  I hope they were enjoyed.  We sure enjoyed giving them.

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:10

I am going...

To send a small gift to my grandmother.  She had her birthday this month and requested doll making supplies.  I am blessed to still have my grandmother alive.

I am remembering...

That the "carpet man" will be here tomorrow to replace the damage caused by the fire.

I am reading...

Missionary stories and more of T. Austin-Sparks.

"you — with us — should examine your foundation to be sure that it is the Lord Himself Who is your life and Everything, and not Christianity in any one or more of its mere externals." ~ T.A.S.

I am hoping...


for healing.  God knows the details.


Around the house...

Mr. Santos napping, children outside playing, laundry spinning, house in order...a day of quiet grey.

One of my favorite things...

presents! I received a gift from my "Secret Sister" today.  What a happy thing. I do love presents all wrapped up and that wonderful thought, "what is it?"

A few plans for the week:

Map making with the children,
Violin practice for a coming concert,
finish some projects that Mr. Santos has assigned to me
Friends coming for dinner at the end of the week
(How to fit 12 people in this tiny cottage comfortably?~this is always the question. Somehow, we manage.)


Here are some picture thoughts to share...


Some of the Valentine chocolates Mr. Santos brought home for us.


Our hand written notes to the lovely ladies of our church.


These are the paper cones we put the flowers in. 


Some of our mess and the flowers


Sophia holding the finished product.  The bouquet  hangs nicely on a door knob or hook.

10 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to give the ladies in your church, flowers and a personal message. I am sure they all felt so special.

    You should give detailed instructions on how you did this, especially for the creative challenged people like me. :-)

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I feel creatively challenged too! But, I have some very creative daughters. If you do make these, Mr. Santos suggested, which helped a lot, putting pepples in the bottom. Then the cones hang nicely on a doorknob.

      Hope you have a good day too!

      Delete
  2. The photos of the Valentine goodies at the bottom of this post looked great! Gotta love those chocolates though. :)

    I like what you are learning, for I am learning the same thing, just a bit more slowly than yourself. But most importantly, I did have a big laugh when you mentioned that your chickens were "digging to China," ha, ha!

    Wonderful daybook reflections as usual, Mrs. Santos!

    Have a blessed Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara :) Yeah, they were scratching up a storm in the garden. They made a little mound of dirt behind them that made it look like they were really on their way somewhere...or else looking for buried treasure.

      Chickens are so fun!

      Delete
  3. The paper cones and flowers look wonderful! I do hope the ladies at your church received them in the spirit they were given. Would you mind if I took inspiration from you and used this idea for my own church please? They are so simple yet so meaningful :)

    Blessings - Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Pam! Go ahead! It wasn't my idea in the first place. Thank you for your visit and your kind comments.

      Delete
  4. What a nice way to live out Galatians 6:10! Awesome!

    I loved your description of "a day of quiet grey." So poetic!

    My church used to do Secret Sisters. I miss it, because it was so nice to get surprises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea~ maybe you can choose a secret sister and secretly get it started up again. Bet it would be fun just to hear the ladies wonder about who is doing all the secret stuff...might spread?

      Thank you for your kind visit. Have a good day!

      Delete
  5. Very nice post and photos. Your grandma sounds like a remarkable woman. Dollmakers are pretty cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful ideas and pictures, I'm so glad you commented on my blog Mrs Santos because it is wonderful to have found your lovely blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...