January 03, 2012

Thank God for them

I guess we're meant to live with people. Can't get around it. But, there are days when I wish I could live without them. If only I could go to a far away place where no one else is...just me and the trees, some water to look at, and a bit of sunshine.

But, I know, it wouldn't take long before I see something beautiful and want to show it to my children.  Or, I would remember something funny and want to tell Mr. Santos.  Besides, it's cold out there.  I need them to keep me warm.

((loud groaning sigh))

But how do I get around the hurt they cause?

People HURT each other.  They lie.  They get preoccupied. They judge and condemn. They make foolish choices. They are selfish.

I am selfish.

Have you read the book of Philippians lately? Came across this verse today: "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." (1:3).

Oh my. There are some people in my life whose remembrance is anything but good, rather, painful.  The last thing I want to do is thank God for them.  No. It is more like, "God, get them out of my life."

But, I noticed that the scripture did not say, 'I remember how wonderful you are so I thank my God for you.'  Or, 'I thank God every time I remember the good things you do.'

It says, "I thank my God upon EVERY remembrance of you."  He must of remembered some bad things. Just a few lines later he says he is confident that God which had begun a good work will complete it.  He saw the big picture.  He saw that God was in control of the situation -- That God cared for these people and was in the process of changing them...doing a GOOD work in them.

I want to be like that.  I want to thank God upon every remembrance of the people he has placed in my life.  I know He is not finished with me. He is not finished with them either. Be patient.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thess 5:18

We think it is God's will that life be easy and everyone do and be what we want them to. But rather, God's will for us is to be Thankful.

But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6

4 comments:

  1. those lines made me smile. so true.

    i wish you and your family a good year. God bless you.

    a friend from far away

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEs, God has a reason for placing *every*one in our lives, not just the ones we find easy

    ....And we ought to try and be the kind of people others love to remember.

    Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some truthful and humbling thoughts, but I needed to at least hear them. Hopefully, the words will eventually penetrate into my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me know you are enjoying my music player. We sure have enjoyed having it on there and often let it play over and over.

    Blessings to you and your sweet family! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...