January 19, 2012

Sleds and Tea!


I am having...

Same old Jasmine Tea. But I made a pot of hot chocolate for the children and Mr. Santos
(who is home again due to ice and snow.)
 
I am feeling...

Content.
Also, a little sore. I used my elbow to stop from crashing into a tree this morning (sledding).
Ouch, it hurts.

But, still content.


On my mind...

This moment.  It is all we have, this moment.  Life is so fleeting.  Have you considered the consequences of that reality?  Am I doing what I should (what The Lord wants) in this moment that He has given me?

When I think about this I forgive.  I smile more.  I soften my tone.  I put everything in order.

A quote to share...

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

I have had tribulation in the past.  More may be coming. But right now, I am safe, well-fed, warm, and healthy.  I will use this time to be THANKFUL!

What I did this morning...
video

I wish you were here!  We could go down the hill together.  Afterwards, I would serve you a thick slice of pumpkin spice cake with a nice cup of (what else?) Jasmine Tea.

God bless you good today.

Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

4 comments:

  1. Ouch on your elbow! It seems as I age I get hurt more easily. In my mind I'm still 16!

    I love your thoughts for today--contentment can be elusive if we're not focused on the Lord. Our pastor says that contentment is "the acknowledgement that the Lord has given me everything I need for my current happiness." So true!

    I hope your elbow feels better so you can enjoy more sledding!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!!! you made me laugh and smile ear to ear. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that scream!!!How fun it is!
    I tried it before but the hill was so steep and I was with my little girl so it was more scary than fun.

    Sorry about your elbow, ouch! Hope it heals quickly.

    I always love reading what's on your mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...