January 31, 2012

The end of the beginning



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WOW! A whole month of a new year gone and all I did was blink.

Outside our window...

Sunshine! Beautiful Sunshine! It is beckoning me and I am ready to look up into it to be warmed!

I am thankful...


For Mr. Santos

I am wearing...

A plaid skirt and a black sweater, black tights, my hair in a french braid and silver earrings.

What are YOU wearing?

Maybe I need some more color today, after all, the sun in shining! I'll tie a little red scarf around my neck.

From the kitchen...

Not much.  Why do we have to eat so often?  'No eating' would do away with so many chores - shopping, cooking, cleaning.  But then it would also do away with the good stuff, like eating.

Last night I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  Meatloaf is gone, but I think I will turn the leftover potatoes into a soup - add some broth, cheddar cheese and broccoli.  What d'ya think?

You comin' over?

I am learning...



That God decides what I will learn.  He truly is in charge of our lives.  The Bible says, He is the "author and finisher of our faith."  This story called my life is His story, if I will allow it.

What would He write if I gave my life fully to Him...no whining, no fear?

A friend, full of faith in a Great and Mighty God, prays this prayer daily:

"Lord, Anything, Anytime, Anywhere"

I think I am ready to take that jump.  It is so scary.  It means letting go of all my plans.

I am creating...


Hopefully, (at least on most days and by God's grace) a simple life of peace and pleasure and learning for Mr. Santos and three beautiful, strong-willed children.

I am going...

to enjoy the sunshine as much as I can today.

I am remembering...

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

2 Timothy 3:12

I am reading...

My Bible daily and enjoying some of the sermons of  T. Austin-Sparks.  Also, working through the "Little House" books with the children.  We are "On the Banks of Plum Creek" right now.  What joy those books brought me when I was a little girl.

I am hoping...


To finish my Income Tax return today.  The government.  You pay them to work, to buy, to sell.  But they want more than our money.  They want our life too.

Pray, pray, pray.

Around the house...

A place for everything and everything in its place.

The joy of owning next to nothing.

One of my favorite things...

Hopping little Junco's trying to eat up the rest of our chicken's food.

A few plans for the week:

Sophia has her cooking class this week.
Violin lessons
Ladies Bible Study
A visit with a friend

Here are some pictures thoughts to share...


These are my People.  My life would be empty of all pain and all joy without these, My People.  

(this taken a couple weeks ago when we had snow. It has since melted)


My Naomi, baloney.  She made the scarf, hat, and coin purse all herself.  
We are very proud of her accomplishment!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that hat is soooo cute! WTG Naomi!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi says "Thank you, I enjoyed making it." She is encouraged by your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Well done, Naomi.

    I love the snowy photo - we are still waiting for our January snow! ...

    The Wee Guy and I have been reading the Little House books too... we're almost done of them :( I don't want them to end! We're reading Farmer Boy just now, but we read The Long Winter before it. Boy, that was a tough time for them. Our (mine anyway) outlook on food and on God's provisions for us.
    Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne~ We miss our snow, but also looking forward to the Spring, flowers and berries. That Wee Guy of yours is a punkin pie. I know that he and Noah would be good friends if they ever met on this side of eternity.

      Delete
  3. Naomi's hat and scarf and coin purse are so beautiful! She did such a good job. I think she could start her own business selling those. I love the pictures and reading your blog. I'm sorry I don't take the time to get on the computer to comment often, but I always read them and enjoy them. I am missing all of you very much.
    Love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa~ You don't have to comment, but it sure makes us happy when you do! We love it! Today, Naomi was crying because for the life of her she couldn't remember how to crochet a flower. I couldn't help her. She'll have to go visit the friend who taught her in the first place. Missing you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...