January 23, 2012

Dear Lovies,

You are growing up so fast! I miss your chubby cheeks and baby talk.  Those cute and fat days will never return. I have seen that Time flies away quickly,  so, before it is gone, I wanted to write to you that you would know my heart.  I want to talk to you about friends.

I watch you, Noah, playing with "the gang" after violin class.  I love the way you all run to get your toy pistols and dive into the 'Wild West' with all its pretend glory and fun.

Sophia, I have seen the girls around you suddenly become young ladies.  One day they are content to climb trees and play dress up, and the next day it is make-up and "boy" talk. You are soon coming into a time of transition in your life with lots of choices to make.

Little Naomi. Sophia and Noah have been your true friends and playmates since you were born.  But now, they are making other friends.  You may feel left out.  Or, as I've watched you, you may just be friendly and get along fine with new playmates. You are so pleasant.

Life is so much richer and enjoyable with friends. Isn't it fun when we invite them over to spend the day or evening?  Don't you love it when we have picnics or hikes together?  I can't imagine life without friends and it is my hope that you make good friends that will stick by you through thick and thin.

However, there is a friend that loveth at all times, a brother born for adversity. (prov 17:17) See, you will soon find out that no matter how wonderful your friends are, they will not love you at all times.  Even your own siblings won't love you at all times.

You will also find that in the day of adversity, your friends may leave you.  Your problems could be too much for them.  It may even be that their adversity ends your friendship.  They might think you can't understand their pain or suffering.

But guess what? WHAT a friend we have in JESUS!

I want you to know this wonderful friend, the one that will never leave you.  I have already introduced you to Him. But I want you to know him personally.  How sad I would be to know that all you knew about Jesus was "My mom knows Him."

I want you to know him yourself, to be intimate with Him.  Go to His house.  Invite Him to be with you.  Spend time with Him, eat with Him, drink with Him.  Find out all the things he loves and hates.  When He wants to do something with you, do it.  When you want to do something, ask Him about it.  Whatever He tells you, believe Him.  He will always be on your side.

Walk with Him. Talk with Him. Look for Him when you wake up and make Him the last person you talk to every night.

Soon, you will know what I know.  You won't just believe it because I am telling you.  You will know in Jesus are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  How exciting! You will also know that in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.  What an amazing thing!

God bless you, my dear children, as you grow and make friends.  Please remember, there is only one Person you can count on.  Only one.  Jesus Christ.

With all the love in my heart,

Mom

5 comments:

  1. Brittany Thomas23 January, 2012 15:23

    Thank you for sharing this Mrs. Santos!

    It is very encouraging to me as I will be a mother in a few months now, and fits very well with the hymn I have been listening to all morning: Jesus, I my cross have taken -

    1. Jesus, I my cross have taken,
    All to leave and follow Thee;
    Destitute, despised, forsaken,
    Thou from hence my All shalt be.
    Perish every fond ambition,
    All I've sought or hoped or known;
    Yet how rich is my condition!
    God and heaven are still my own.

    2. Let the world despise and leave me,
    They have left my Savior, too.
    Human hearts and looks deceive me;
    Thou art not, like them, untrue.
    And while Thou shalt smile upon me,
    God of wisdom, love, and might,
    Foes may hate and friends may shun me;
    Show Thy face, and all is bright.

    3. Go, then, earthly fame and treasure!
    Come, disaster, scorn, and pain!
    In Thy service, pain is pleasure;
    With Thy favor, loss is gain.
    I have called Thee Abba, Father!
    I have stayed my heart on Thee.
    Storms may howl, and clouds may gather,
    All must work for good to me.

    4. Man may trouble and distress me,
    'Twill but drive me to Thy breast;
    Life with trials hard may press me,
    Heaven will bring me sweeter rest.
    Oh, 'tis not in grief to harm me
    While Thy love is left to me;
    Oh, 'twere not in joy to charm me
    Were that joy unmixed with Thee.

    5. Take, my soul, thy full salvation;
    Rise o'er sin and fear and care;
    Joy to find in every station,
    Something still to do or bear.
    Think what Spirit dwells within thee,
    What a Father's smile is thine,
    What a Savior died to win thee;
    Child of heaven, shouldst thou repine?

    6. Haste, then, on from grace to glory,
    Armed by faith and winged by prayer;
    Heaven's eternal day's before thee,
    God's own hand shall guide thee there.
    Soon shall close the earthly mission,
    Swift shall pass thy pilgrim days,
    Hope soon change to glad fruition,
    Faith to sight, and prayer to praise.

    Thank you again for sharing!

    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Brittany. You will be a wonderful mother! And thank you for sharing the hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How blessed your children are, Mrs. S, to have such a mama who speaks truth to them. ♥

    His blessings to you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful letter, Mrs S...

    And Brittany - what a beautiful hymn. Blessings for the days ahead to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post! I can truly relate to your sentiments and prayers for your children!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...