December 01, 2011

Tea Time


I am having...

A bowl of oatmeal with some pumpkin butter stirred in.  Drinking a cup of Earl Grey Tea.  What a warm and cozy breakfast.
 
I am feeling...

Thankful.
It is so easy to get distracted and busy this time of year.  However, the Lord would have us be at the Christmas Tree farm three days a week.  There, I am forced to slow down.  There are no distractions.  If it wasn't for yielding to the Lord's will on this (I would rather stay home and do all my activities  - baking, shopping, crafting, cleaning and decorating) I would never take time out to be still.

I even prayed that we would NOT sell trees this year because of all the other things I wanted to do.

He always knows what is best.

On my mind...

I have a doctor's appointment today.  It has been many years since I have seen a doctor.  Just a check-up over minor concerns.  She is a naturopathic doctor.  Wonder how it will go?

A Quote to share...

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16


Who's the HIM?  JESUS!

Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

4 comments:

  1. I am so like you in that sometimes I have to be forced to be still! May there be richness in your time of reflection at the tree farm! (That sounds so delicious - quiet time at a tree farm.)

    Hope your doctor appointment goes well, and thank you for sharing that scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have the tree farm to slow you down! Praying that your appointment goes well...let us know, OK? Oh, and did I hear birthday wishes are in order? Happy belated birthday!

    Blessings,
    Lori
    PS: Oatmeal + pumkin butter = YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.

    The Lord does like to slow us down and give us proper focus, doesn't He? It is the same way here, as I'm forced to focus on what He deems important right now in my life.

    I love the first chapter of Colossians; thank you for sharing that Scripture!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura,
    I was here yesterday but I wasn't able to leave a note so I'm back :-)

    A visit to your tree farm would be lovely! This city girl is craving for a down time like that!
    I haven't had a real tree for many years now. It's hard to have that luxury living in the city. I would love the thrill of going to your farm and finding the the right size for our home.It's a family tradition I missed to continue. My dad used to go the the mangrove forest for that and we all wait in expectation to start the fun of decorating.

    Thanks for sharing that beautiful verse. And I hope your visit to your doctor went well.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...