December 31, 2011

Good Bye 2011



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

The Last Day of 2011

Outside our window...

Sunshine melting the evening frost.

Running squirrels

Pecking Chickens


I am thankful...


To know God. He is my Helper, my Friend, my Savior. 


I am learning...

That I learn so much more from my failures, from trials, from steps of faith.

From the kitchen...

Big Late breakfast this morning.

Probably just toast with pumpkin butter for lunch. Some cut veggies and fruit.

I am wearing...



make-up today - just a little blush and lipstick.  I'm hoping Mr. Santos will take me for a walk in the sunshine. I will wear my red wool coat with a matching scarf.

I am creating...


organized spaces!  Little by little been tossing out junk this past week.  It is so nice to open a cupboard and know what is in it.

I am going...

To make an effort not to fear this coming year.  For some reason I am afraid. Never been like this before. I usually look forward to the new year with great joy.  But it seems like some scary things are on the horizon.

Fear Not, for I am with you, says the Lord.

O.K.


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed,
and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
Psalm 46:1-3

I am remembering...

The sweet quiet Christmas we had.

I am reading...

The poems of Edgar A. Guest. So nice.

I am hoping...


To write four more scripture songs this year.  We have seven.  I think four more will make another CD.
Around the house...

The Christmas decorations are still up.  The children wanted them up till New Year's.  I confess, I will be sad to see it all come down.  They have slept under the tree a couple times this week.  Good memories.

One of my favorite things...

Sitting in my little green chair by the window with the afternoon sun warming my face.  Just a couple minutes of that calms my soul.

A few plans for the week:

Pop some confetti poppers for the New Year.
Go to the dentist (Sophia)
Ladies Bible Study
Violin and school lessons begin again.

Here are some pictures thoughts to share...

The Santos Children six years ago.  They all still had their baby teeth.

So long 2011 ~ Hello 2012!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    New year's greetings from Bangkok! May you have a blessed and more bountiful year ahead.

    Loved those smiles in the photo!

    Love from my family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New year greetings fom Australia. We are about to start day 2 of 2012!

    Blessings for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those rascal bombuchas. Noah reminds me of wally in this pic. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...