December 13, 2011

Daybook - December 13, 2011


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Tuesday Night, December 13, 2011

Outside our window...

Dark Night. Stars out. Icy Cold.

I am thankful...


For safety. For Good Health. For my family. For Warmth on a cold night.


I am learning...

That it is easy to spiritual-ize some things that are wrong.
(I feel a new blog post coming on!)

From the kitchen...

We had Tamale Pie for dinner and Mandarin Orange cake for dessert.
Oh. My. Comfort food to the extreme.

I am wearing...



A brown skirt and a denim button up shirt. I LOVE my new shirt - not only because it is flattering, but because it was brand new and cost me only $1.29

I am creating...


Hm. Am I creating anything right now? No. I don't think so.  Unless you count putting together a mini Christmas pageant with the children of my church.  But really, the children are creating that. I am just directing.

I am going...

To kiss my daughter for cleaning the kitchen without complaining.  Good girl!

I am remembering...

I forgot! I forgot to make an appointment for our family picture. Ugh. Thank you Lord for helping me to remember.

I am reading...

My Bible every morning.  That's it right now.

I am hoping...


For so many things.  That my auntie would recover from her stroke, that my sister's health would improve, that my mother would...that my Don would...that my church would...and on and on.

But really and truly,

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Around the house...

The littles are playing "secret item" trying to get their room cleaned before the timer goes off.  Whoever puts the "secret item" away properly wins a prize.  I can hear them getting distracted with fun and games and bickering.  Children! Little images of us.  How often I am distracted from what I am supposed to do with fun and games and bickering!

One of my favorite things...

Waking up on a cold winter morning under heavy warm quilts.  Bliss.

(but it does make it hard to get out of bed)

A few plans for the week:

Shopping. Visit with friends. Sell Christmas Trees at the farm.

Here are some pictures thoughts to share...

 Biscuit has begun laying eggs!


 Naomi holding Biscuit at the farm. 
We bring her with us and she helps us sell trees. The customers LOVE her.


 This is Biscuit's laying basket. Whenever she wants to lay an egg, she "tells" us, 
we then put her in the basket and she does her job.



5 comments:

  1. Have a great week, Santos Family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love childrens plays. I would say that is a brillent gift and creation.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, you have great daybook thoughts.

    I'm sorry to hear that certain members of your family are suffering with various illnesses. I pray that the Lord will give them strength and comfort.

    I enjoyed viewing the pictures as well, and my oh my, how Biscuit has grown! I remember seeing a picture of her when she was a mere chick-a-dee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to Google the pie you ate for dinner as I didn't know what it was! it sounded very nice:) What a good girl your daughter is for helping. I love being under the doona on a cold night, but yes it can be very hard to get out in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...