November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Daybook




(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Outside our window...

A pesky squirrel.  He keeps stealing our chicken's oats.

I am thankful...


Very thankful.  That I am alive. That I learn something new every day.


I am learning...

That God truly is involved in the details of my life.  Nothing is by chance, there is a purpose for everything.  It is always always for my good...no matter how evil it may seem.  I can trust My Great God.

From the kitchen...

Well, for tomorrow, I will contribute to the feast my ham and cheese bread, garlic mashed potatoes,  a fruit platter, and a pumpkin cake.  I don't do pies.  Crusts are too intimidating.

I am wearing...



A black sweater with a grey/black plaid skirt.  Silver hoop earrings.

I am creating...


Table decorations for our church Soup Supper on Sunday.  It has to be a Fall/Scripture Theme.

So here is a bit of the inspiration...


 



We are putting "Thankful" Scripture verses on the back of numbered construction-paper-leaves for a game.  If you can find the reference for each verse then you can win a loaf of my pumpkin bread. Wanna play?

I am going...

To the Department of Licensing today.  My birthday is next week and so I have to renew my driver's license. Must take an eye exam and a new picture.  I wish I could just keep the same picture.  But, no...

I am remembering...

It will be my twin sister's birthday too.  Better send out her card today if she will get it in time.

I am reading...

Ivanhoe with the children. They love it.  We just finished Bud and Me.  That is a wonderful and true story and really opens up the history of the early 1900's.

I am hoping...


That I can get  some paperwork done today.  I don't want to deal with it this weekend.  Today is the DAY!  Pray for me.  I hate paperwork.


Around the house...

The lamps are on for another grey day.  Thank you Lord for lamps! and electricity!

One of my favorite things...

The smell of simmering hot apple cider

A few plans for the week:

Enjoy a Thanksgiving Feast.  Really.  I saw the menu and it is going to be a FEAST.  I almost feel guilty about it, knowing of all the starving people in the world.  But, we have been invited and so we will gladly accept and be thankful.  We will also open the farm this weekend for Christmas tree sales.  This will be our third year.

I'm not looking forward to it...the cold and my own agenda make the Tree Farm seem like a burden.

But, this is not MY life anymore, but Christ who lives in me.  He wants me at the farm and so that is where I will go.  In the end, I know that everyday I will learn something new and meet new people.  I pray that our family can be a light to all who visit us there.

Maybe I should make some cookies to pass out?  Yeah, that sounds nice.

Here is a picture thought to share...


God bless you! Thank you, Lord, for your kindness to me!

2 comments:

  1. As always, I enjoy reading your daybook thoughts.

    When you mentioned having to deal with paperwork, it reminded me of when my husband and I bought this house, and all the papers we had to sign before we could officially buy it, ugh! I'm sure your stash of papers is not that bad. :)

    I like the picture at the end of this post, ha, ha! :) It made me smile!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your family on this Thanksgiving Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...